Rebounding Margins

Sterns78

Does anybody know if there's a comparative rebounding margin stat in the NCAA? Im thinking we ought to be up there, especially the way we outrebounded one of the great rebounding teams, OU. Seems like we out-muscle, out-hustle most of the teams we play.

Missouri State just blocked us out on every single play. They just implemented the fundamentals while ORU played like a bunch of ballers, it was a very frustrating game.

Does anybody know if there's a comparative rebounding margin stat in the NCAA? Im thinking we ought to be up there, especially the way we outrebounded one of the great rebounding teams, OU. Seems like we out-muscle, out-hustle most of the teams we play.

Sterns78, I did some checking and found rebounding margin data on the NCAA.org web site.

ORU is ranked #14 in this category. OU is #1.

Unfortunately I can't give a link that will take you directly to the data - you'll have to go through a menu, but it's easy. Select Div. I in the first box, most recent week in the second, and select Rebound Margin under Team in the Statistic Category list:

http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/ran ... B&rpt=wkly

ORU is in pretty elite company in this category - here's a list of the top 15:

1  Oklahoma 

2  Texas  

3  LSU  

4  Connecticut  

5  Col. of Charleston  

6  North Carolina  

7  Pittsburgh  

8  St. John's (N.Y.)  

9  Illinois 

10 Wake Forest  

11 Washington  

12 Memphis

13 Virginia  

14 Oral Roberts  

15 Kansas 

More points for this post too tmh, you beat Woody Paige and Jay Mariotti on Around the Horn.

OU is number 1 in the nation in rebounding and we pounded them on the boards. That's what I'm talking about. Wonder what other teams have out-rebounded OU.

The only other team to out-rebound OU was Texas A&M during their first meeting on Jan. 14. The Aggies held a 31-29 advantage on the boards but still lost, 45-44.