Cox Cable

vcboy2000

Any chance we can get the IUPUI game on Cox? Do any of the insiders know if this is allready in the works?

oh man that would be really nice if we did. What all goes into being able to get it on T.V. im just wondering?

oh man that would be really nice if we did. What all goes into being able to get it on T.V. im just wondering?

Somebody would actually have to produce the broadcast to begin with :wink:

I think I had a discussion with someone about this before. Maybe my son told me about it. My memory recalls that Cox has to be paid X dollars to do the broadcast. I think we talked about this when we played at SMS last year. Scott Higgins is the contact for this but it will take about $10k to get it done. Someone also has to be willing to sell the advertising to help cover the costs. It would actually be nice to get the details on what exactly needs to be done. I could be totally off on that above number, but that's what my memory recalls. It's not cheap, but maybe it's something the booster club and the athletic department should start planning. The ORU-IUPUI game is definately TV worthy.

I don't know the exact costs, but you're pretty close Mom....You need to hire a company to produce it, although I would think with the Oral Roberts facilities that shouldn't be a problem, then get underwriters or sponsors to support the cost..I would guess you could do it for a little less than $10K, but probably at least 6-8K.....That's the problem with not having the Mid-Con network anymore, games like this don't get done....it's unfortunate, but most schools in the conference (except ORU, Valpo, UMKC) didn't want to put any money into the TV package since they have no outlets. Oakland and IUPUI should have outlets that would carry the games, but apparently couldn't work out deals this year....