Stanford

ORU Eli

It appears as if the Cardinal are vulnerable based on the limited info that the first too OOC games can provide. Just a couple of quick tidbits I picked up after reading some season previews and box scores:

-Finished with 20 wins last year but only 9th in Pac-10.

-Lost 3 seniors from last year's squad (combined for 36 ppg)

-Lost by 13pts last week to San Diego but did get a win this week,17pts over Cal Poly.

-Their PG is a senior who transferred from Univ of San Fran and has had problems running the point. Their back-ups are a SG who will play point when he has to and a true freshman who the coach is uneasy about throwing in there.

-They stick with an 8-9 man rotation and do have 3 seniors but nobody that has really shined yet...team mostly comprised of sophomores.

-Their "go-to" guy this year is supposed to be 6'7" Senior G/F Landry Fields...he averaged 6 and 3 last year.

-Tallest starter is 6'9...they have a 6'11 guy on the bench but he doesn't seem to get that many minutes so I think size wise, we should match up well.

-After two games they're averaging .398 from the field, .316 from 3pt, and .622 from FT

We're playing in hostile territory two time zones a way, but this is a winable game for us and I think would make for a great confidence booster. Hope the guys are well-rested and ready to rock on Thursday.

ORU needs to cut down on the turnovers...if we do, this is definitely a game we could steal.....or Saturday at Virginia.....better yet, why not both!.... ;)