Caleb Green Named Player of the Week

orustatboy

Mid-Con Player of the Week

Caleb Green, Oral Roberts

Jr., F, Tulsa, Okla./Memorial

Green wins Men?s Basketball Player of the Week honors for the third time this season after leading the Golden Eagles to a 3-0 week in conference play. The junior forward opened the week with a 15-point, 9-rebound effort in Monday?s 74-56 win over UMKC. He was 5-for-8 from the field on the game. Green continued to shine wtih 18 points, six rebounds and two steals in Thursday?s 89-57 victory over Southern Utah. He closed out the week with his league-leading 11th double-double of the season with 25 points and 10 rebounds in a win over Chicago State, 69-58. Green was 17-for-19 from the free throw line, including makes on his first 16 shots. His 17 free throws made ties his own school record.

(Also nominated: David Holston, Chicago State; Brandon Cole, IUPUI; Quinton Day, UMKC; Vova Severovas, Oakland; Henry Uhegwu, Southern Utah; Seth Colclasure, Valparaiso)

I see Quinton Day down there at the bottom...reminds me of when ORU recently whooped UMKC and the sports announcers gave player of the game to Quinton Day. Come on I know they are UMKC announcers but they lost and handily. Although the worst home town announcers are the Chicago White Sox announcers they almost made the game unbearable for any team playing them to watch. Also one last thing can Keith Jackson retire again already, how many wrong calls can one annoucer make in a game and still be calling games. Alright I shall step off of my soap box.

ICome on I know they are UMKC announcers but they lost and handily. Although the worst home town announcers are the Chicago White Sox announcers they almost made the game unbearable for any team playing them to watch.

I thought exactly the same thing while watching the UMKC game. Tried turning down the volume and listening on the web, but it was a few seconds behind and confusing. Had to bear the way-too-biased UMKC announcers the whole game. Say "yuk" twice.

I thought exactly the same thing while watching the UMKC game. Tried turning down the volume and listening on the web, but it was a few seconds behind and confusing. Had to bear the way-too-biased UMKC announcers the whole game. Say "yuk" twice.

Folks, chill out a bit. The Player of the Game is always given to a member of the home team in these radio broadcasts. That's the way everybody does it.