ORU women win big in opener

CC822

We attended the game last night - I hadn't looked at the schedule, and thought it was the second exhibition game, although I THOUGHT UTPA was D-I. They were a quicker, more athletic, more talented team than Southeastern was. Net result? We only scored 98 instead of the 104 we laid on Southeastern.

Jaci Bigham got hot from three point range and made UTPA pay late in the game. I believe she hit three in a row at one point. Kevi Luper is just a joy to watch. She drives the lane with power - better get out of her way, because she'll score one way or the other - either a lay up or on the foul. And she scores with equal ease with either hand. Scoring records are in jeopardy if she stays healthy. Probably all sorts of records are in jeopardy - her game is that good.

Alex Adekunle wasn't' as impressive against a more athletic team, and she had some foul trouble. But she's only a freshman, and I still think she's one to watch over then next four years.

This is a star studded team. They push the ball on every possession, they press in the full court nearly the whole game, they play great team basketball, and defend well. It is exciting to watch them. If you haven't been to one of the games this season, you should come and check out the next home game. This team could change a few minds about women's basketball.

nice win but lets see how they do against kansas luper is a top line player we got because she had injuries right?

Good start for the ladies....let's keep it going at KU.......... :)

nice win but lets see how they do against kansas luper is a top line player we got because she had injuries right?

We got Luper primarily because OU and OSU didn't need guards last season and didn't recruit her. We were on her early and she wanted to stay close to home. Coming from a smaller classification school probably didn't get her on the radar of many out-of-state schools that only follow large schools.

This team is fun to watch. I am looking forward to see how this young team does in a hostile environment against KU later today. Hopefully they're too young to know that they are in a hostile environment!! :x

Starting five are shaping up to be senior, sophomore, sophomore, freshman, freshman. I believe all five are capable of double digit scoring in every game. They're pretty powerful offensively - today will be a good test of how they are defensively.

we got luper becuase she ACL'd her jr. season at adair. Oklahoma and Kanasas and Kansas State were all after her until she got hurt, once she got hurt they backed off of her a little bit to see how things would go, obviously there was no loyalty from the other schools. ORU stayed on her regardless and that is why she signed!

• 3 years later...
Had to bump this from the senior's first game, four years ago.

TMH looks like a basketball prophet.

Yeah. 

BTW, Thunder go all the way this year.

• Upvote 1