2009/10 College Basketball Games On TV

Dr. Cornelius

Not just ORU basketball games but every single NCAA basketball game that will be televised during the 2009-2010 season!

I will be taking the ORU game listings and adding them to the ORU media thread/schedule that is pinned at the top of the basketball forum.

The heading at the top of that link says: "A great place to get listings of all sports in HD."

Which seems to imply there may be even more games being broadcast than are on this list, but they're not in high-def.

The '09-'10 schedule on the orugoldeneagles.com website also shows which ORU home games are on TV this season.

BTW, the "Media Guide" portion of the Men's Basketball section has been updated with all the 2009-2010 info, including opponent profiles, player bios, stats and records set last year, etc.

Every time I see a picture like that one, of any ORU athletic team - volleyball, women's basketball, baseball, etc. - I get the same powerful feeling of purpose.

Heads bowed, eyes closed, coming together as a team, preparing to enter battle against perhaps insurmountable odds, or basking in the glory of a great victory: considering ORU's mission, its an awesome image with several layers of significance.

Very cool! :clap:

I agree... I like this promotional campaign a lot. We should keep it around and not discard it after this year.

Your description of the team picture reminds me of a story I heard that may be apocryphal, but nonetheless powerful. According to the story, the men's basketball team was playing a game away from the Mabee Center and during warmups was the target of some pretty bad taunts and verbal abuse - mostly directed towards the school's name. Sutton pulled the team together in the middle of the court and told the players that they weren't playing for themselves - they were playing for ORU and should bring honor to the school in the face of the abuse being directed at it and them. He asked them to listen to the taunts and realize that it was their alma mater that was being abused - and to go out on the court and do something about it.

TheEagleman loves that team pic....it's now the wallpaper on my computer!.... :clap:

TheEagleman loves that team pic....it's now the wallpaper on my computer!.... :clap:

Here is a larger version of the photo to use as a wallpaper.

post-2-12989163686833_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Doc....you are the best!..... :rock: