Mid-Con Scores (2-4-2006)

ORUTerry

Western Illinois - 68

Centenary - 59

Oakland - 72

IUPUI - 87

Southern Utah - 64

Valpo - 76

No big surprise, but I think Centenary's loss just saved them an embarrasing March trip to Tulsa. The Gents will win one more conference game (if that), and that won't be enough to make the tourney. Of course, they don't belong in the conference, so why should they play in the tournament!

And with another season finishing in 9th place, a donation from Viewers-Like-You will contribute a hefty sum to the "Thank You Andrew Wisniewski For Getting Us Into The Mid-Con" fund of Centenary.

The Bad News for Centenary is that their last game of the season is February 23...probably the earliest "last" game for any D-1 team in the Nation...as early as some of the Junior College and NAIA schools.

The Good News is that the coaches can go watch some good basketball at the high school and junior college level and see if any of those kids would like to be a BMOC at a < 1,000-student school. Let me think now...if I was a coach, would I consider that really good news???? Maybe that is why this job is a stepping stone for an assistant's job at a Big 12 school. Oh well, what the heck...it's almost baseball season for them!!

Wow guys, does it makes you feel really good ripping on a team like Centenary?