New Indoor Practice Facility Pics

Old Titan

• 2 weeks later...

Would be awesome to get a video update when the complex is complete for the out of town fans and potential recruits. :wasntme: Maybe a Golden Eagle Club member can give us the scoop later this month.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a chance to stop by the new indoor facility today. It's coming along NICELY!! I'll try to post some picture this weekend to show what's there. Between this facility, the strength and conditioning and baseball facility down the right field line and the updating of the baseball stadium, ORU probably has one of the nicest baseball setups in the country. We should see some significant benefits from the indoor facility when playing some of our non-conference, high profile games in February and March. If our pitching comes around this season (we lost three in the single-digit rounds of last year's draft), we will be a Top 25 team.

Speaking of the schedule, it sounds imposing!! Baylor, Texas, Miami (FL), UCLA, Arkansas and Wichita State will be among the teams being played next spring. For me, baseball season can't get here soon enough!

Hey, is the schedule posted anywhere?

Nothing published yet; however, Texas has put out their schedule and we're playing in Austin on March 30 at 6:00.

I have added five pictures to the end of this album for you to see the progress.

ORU Indoor Facility and Baseball Complex

You'll notice that the baseball stadium facade is still in progress. This should be done before the cold weather gets to Tulsa in November/December (some unforeseeable delays). The Indoor facility should be complete in October.

• 1 month later...

Photos have been updated on the new indoor facility showing the netting and most everything complete here.

I was also by the baseball stadium yesterday and they're starting to put on the new panels on the outside of the stadium. It's my understanding that they are going to paint these panels Vegas Gold to coincide with the baseball offices and new indoor facility. It will be a baseball facility worthy of national recognition! :clap::clap::clap:

Not sure about OSU's setup but our indoor setup looks much nicer than OU's 3 batting cages :D

The Sooners are the only baseball program in the Big 12 to have a full-size infield, in addition to current playing field, available for player development and one of the few across the country in Division I baseball.

I guess this makes ORU's indoor baseball facility the best in the state. I wonder why "mid-major" baseball like ORU and Wichita State have a full indoor infield but OU doesn't?

I can see lots of opportunities that will result from this new facility. Besides letting our players practice even when it is cold/wet outside, it will give Coach Walton another arrow in his quiver for recruiting purposes.

Work on the baseball stadium continues with the new panels going up and the outside cinderblocks of the stadium being repainted from Navy Blue to Vegas Gold. It really is starting to look nice.

Also got a chance to watch a little (maybe 10 - 15 minutes) of the intrasquad game today (what else is there to do on a warm, sun-drenched day in the first part of November??). A couple of observations: 1) we have a catcher! Observed Bennett follow and dive for a foul bunt behind home plate, get up and throw a dart down to first base to try and double up a runner. It was a nice defensive play. 2) We have hitters. It was hard to determine who was who with all of the new faces, but saw about five singles, including hits from Fermanek, Elder and an RBI-single from Barbosa.

As much playing time as our walk-ons received last year, it will be interesting to see how everyone gets playing time. We will be very talented and the key to next season will be how our pitching develops over the winter. Losing Sullivan, Serrano and Montagne will be very hard to replace, but we will go as far and deep into the Tournament as our pitching and injuries allow.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an opportunity to visit the new practice facility while in Tulsa this weekend - and was very impressed. I happened to arrive during a workout session, with three pitchers on the artificial mounds throwing to three catchers - and another group of 10-12 taking infield on the northern section of the complex. It was raining and under 50 outside, but great baseball conditions inside. I predict that this facility will earn us five additional victories this season - and will significantly improve our recruiting opportunities in future years. Omaha may not be too far in ORU's future!

Sorry we missed you, JB. I couldn't agree with you more...pretty impressive, isn't it? With Rob at the helm, I really think that Omaha is a probability instead of a possibility. The recruiting opportunities will be much greater.