Top Party schools List - Princeton Review

ORUIsbig

Looks like Univeristy of North Dakota makes top 25 party schools list at # 18.  I would have never guessed a school in the frozen tundra would make the list with the likes of Texas, Florida St, Florida. 

Top 25 Party Schools

Is that a plus or minus for us having them come to the Summit League?

This list is another reason i am thankful for ORU's Honor Code. 

List of 'most religious' college students of 2009.

Link

Not sure how this list was compiled.... Wheaton, Baylor and Pepperdine? Really? Where are ORU and Liberty?

Isbig - the link was messed and didn't work, so I fixed it.  Let me know if you intended something different than what I did with it.

The sad part is I think you have to be on Princeton Review's "Best 371 Colleges" list FIRST to be considered Most Religious or Best Party School.... I'm pretty sure ORU didn't qualify as one of the 371.

At the risk of sounding like a super sinner, now that we have been given a fresh start at ORU, I hope we're putting a lot of focus on making our good academics even better...

I think we've put on a good enough show with the 'dress code', 'honor code', curfew, fines, etc. over the last 40 years. All those things just seem to make good fodder to ridicule ORU, I say just do away with all of it...

And, LSU doesn't make the party list?? Really? Maybe the Princeton board didn't see all of the idiots on camera during the CWS.

These 'lists' should be taken with a large dose of salt. ORU puts out a better product than the 'experts' will give them credit for. I see top graduates from the regional schools in the bank's training programyear after year and for a sizeable part - I am not that impressed. Oral had it right about educating the whole man. Most of the graduates I see are two dimensional.

The overall rankings are mainly based on a survey that is filled out voluntarily by each institution. Many universities make their survey open to the public, but ORU doesn't seem to have theirs online.

For reference, here is NDSU's from last year: Common Data Set 2008-2009

To find the same info from other universities, go to their home page and search for "Common Data Set". It will often be found in their Institutional Research department.

The "humorous" awards like best party school are the result of surveys filled out by students with questions like, "How many hours do you study each week?" or "How many drinks do you have each week?" I would assume that the "most religious" schools are ranked by questions like, "How often do you attend church? or "How many hours per week do you spend doing religious activities?" I don't believe that students are surveyed every year, so a school might still be on the list several years after its first appearance solely on the basis of one year of data.

Looks like Univeristy of North Dakota makes top 25 party schools list at # 18.  I would have never guessed a school in the frozen tundra would make the list with the likes of Texas, Florida St, Florida. 

Top 25 Party Schools

I think UND was also near the top of students that don't study as well.

It is true, UND is a huge party school.  Not much to do up in GF, especially in the winter. Many of my cousins went to school up there, I'll just say not a lot of studying occurred up there, one cousin actually transferred to NDSU because she didn't like the party first, study later, vibe.

Top 25 Party Schools

I doubt that the conference brass will be spending a lot of time looking at such lists before deciding whether to invite UND in.  They seem to be much more concerned with pleasing the PC crowd :-P.

• 4 weeks later...

ORU hasn't been in the top 100 party schools since TheEagleman graduated in the 70's....ah, those were the days..... :drunk: