Another Mid-Con Player Makes Pomeroy's Blog

tmh8286

On the same page:

While not a total sample, this does include interesting stats like Duke being outscored in the paint by Virginia Tech by 22 points, by 6 pts vs. Valparaiso, by 16 pts vs. Wake Forest and by 32 pts vs. NC State. Additionally, non-majors Boston University scored 68 percent of their points in the paint; Davidson scored 58 percent inside; and Valpo scored 62 percent in the paint. I realize I didn?t take efficiency into account, but is there a reason why nearly everyone considers Williams a stellar defender despite Duke?s weakness inside?

It's typical Duke hype. Sheldon Williams is going to get eaten alive when he goes pro. I never knew why he was ranked to go so high in the draft in the first place. Definitely not the defender others have made him out to be.

Not worthy of it's own thread, and it doesn't have anything to do with the Mid-Con, but funny enough to post. From Pomeroy's blog today.

FG    3pt  FT   Reb

Min  M-A   M-A  M-A  O-T   A F S TO BLK Pts

Terrance Mouton  43  0-12  0-7  0-1  1-3   3 3 0  8  1   25

Result: Loss. Fairfield 77, Rider 69. (OT)[/color]

Just so you know what a bad day looks like. 

What I don't understand is how, after going 0-12 from the field and 0-7 from the line, this guys was credited with 25 points . . . actually a typo by Ken. Mouton was credited with 0 points in 43 minutes of play on Friday night.