Lots of New Faces

ORUJason

I am looking forward to this year's volleyball season.  If my count is correct, I believe ORU will have 8 new players on the team.  They will be young, but it sounds like they have a lot of talent as well.

I went to the Oklahoma All State-Game tonight and 2 of ORU's signees from Oklahoma, Elizabeth McVicker (Owasso) and Olivia Ophus (Jenks) received the Co-MVP award as the Large East 6A team beat the Large West 6A team.

Elizabeth took over the game in the 3rd set and Olivia rescued several points with impressive digs.  I hope this team is able to gel.  All of the other ORU volleyball players came to the All-State game to support Elizabeth and Olivia and they seemed to be having a good time.  This bodes well for good team chemistry heading into the season. 

• 4 weeks later...

That sure sounds like a proud uncle to me.

You are right Jason in that we will be young. I know we're picked 3rd in the conf. but I hope we can grow up fast ans give NDSU a run at the end of the season. We were pretty flat to end the year. I think how the team bonds will really influence how they handle adversity when it comes. If they do well with it, then I think they'll do well. First match coming up this Friday and first home match against TU on Sept 3rd.

PASS, SET, CRUSH the compeition ladies.