Bee swarm delays game

tmh8286

My dad used to keep bees as a hobby when I was a little kid, and I used to go with him to collect swarming bees like this - never with the time constraints that this guy had, though. 

Un-bee-lievable: Bee swarm delays Astros' 7-2 win

Apparently doesn't take quite as much time to kill a swarm of bees as collect one - the end of the video shows this "beekeeper" (more like an exterminator) scooping mounds of dead bees into a garbage bag.  :|

I missed the video (but I've watched it now) but did pick up on this line from the article that sounded a little unexpected:

"A beekeeper was called to the downtown ballpark and sprayed a chair and a ballgirl's jacket that had attracted the bees."

Typically a beekeeper recovering a swarm hits them with smoke, which stuns them, then scrapes the bees into a box or hive.  Obviously, they were more interested in eliminating the bees than removing them.  After all, they sure didn't want THIS to happen to one of thier fans:

bee_beard_6.jpg

bee_beard_5.jpg

bee_beard_4.jpg

bee_beard_3.jpg

bee_beard_2.jpg

Or, the latest in baseball protective attire:

bee-2.jpg