Equity in Athletics Disclosure

tmh8286

Another interesting link from the Valpo board - full title: The U.S. Department of Education Office of Postsecondary Education Equity in Athletics Disclosure Website. Only the government could come up with something like that . . .

Anyway, here's the link:

http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/Search.asp

I'd do a direct link to the ORU data but don't seem to be able to. Someone else might be able to figure it out.

Anyway, this site gives data on the number of athletes and cost of athletic programs from colleges around the country. Pretty interesting.

Again, thanks, Rick!

An industrious person could use this site to see how closely ranking and the amount of money spent on a program correlated.

If you were industrious.

I guess the people on the Valpo board will do anything to avoid talking about basketball.

The website was brought up in the context of a discussion about what it takes to build a successful basketball program.

The website includes figures about expenditures on basketball.

How was this avoiding talking about basketball :?::roll:

OU spends less than a million on Football, I don't think so. OSU spends 2.2 million for Football. I'm not sure how accurate these figures are. Although they are very interesting.