Ways to get on first base

tmh8286

We now return this thread to its regularly scheduled programming...

Doc - it's been awhile since I officially scored a game, but I believe that an intended sacrifice fly which is dropped for an error is scored as an error for the defense and a sacrifice fly for the offense.  It does NOT count as an at bat for the batter - and I also believe they earn an RBI.  This is probably why the "reaching first base" list draws a distinction between a dropped sacrifice fly and an error.

We now return this thread to its regularly scheduled programming...

Doc - it's been awhile since I officially scored a game, but I believe that an intended sacrifice fly which is dropped for an error is scored as an error for the defense and a sacrifice fly for the offense.  It does NOT count as an at bat for the batter - and I also believe they earn an RBI.  This is probably why the "reaching first base" list draws a distinction between a dropped sacrifice fly and an error.

Not so fast - al this food talk is making me hungry!  :-D

Thanks for stirring a favorite childhood memory:  waiting anxiously after church as a little boy for the red phone in our booth at "Across The Street" to light up and buzz, indicating my BBQ burger with curly fries was ready!

Remember "Swensen's Ice Cream" on South Lewis?  HUGE ice cream sundaes, plus genuine phosphates to drink & pretty darn good sandwiches.  :-P

Yeah, I erred about my old employer, Across the Street...it was on Yale.....is the Golf course still there?........where we lived at 5826 S Owasso were brand new apartments in the summer of 1974 when we moved in...my next door neighbor the following year was former ORU standout Alvin Scott and his wife....loved Swensons and there was also a Stewarts a few blocks down where we used to get some cheap burgers.....How about Southern Hills Baptist Church?...is that still there?....TheEagleman used to attend there often as a young student.....obviously, things change over 30+ yrs.....and yes, I have to get back for a visit before i leave this world....enjoyed four fun years in Tulsa....some of the best times of my life.... :-)

Yeah, I erred about my old employer, Across the Street...it was on Yale.....is the Golf course still there?....TheEagleman had to laugh about the area around 58th and Peoria being all hispanic now....those were really nice apartments in the summer of 1974 when we moved in...my next door neighbor the following year was former ORU standout Alvin Scott and his wife....loved Swensons and there was also a Stewarts a few blocks down where we used to get some cheap burgers.....How about Southern Hills Baptist Church?...is that still there?....TheEagleman used to attend there often as a young student.....obviously, things change over 30+ yrs.....and yes, I have to get back for a visit before i leave this world....enjoyed four fun years in Tulsa....some of the best times of my life.... :-)

Lafortune Golf Course?  Yes.

Southern Hills Baptist Church?  Yes.

Incredibly Inappropriate Comment Regarding Hispanics?  Yes.

Many of the apartments around 61st & Peoria are now "Section 8" housing - poor folks of every race, creed, color, etc.

TheEagleman just reread his comment regarding 58th and Peoria....didn't mean it to come out like that regarding our hispanic brethren....theEagleman loves Casa Bonita..... :-D.....i will reword what was said.....I just meant to say that neighborhoods sure change over the years....i am sure I would hardly recognize the area around ORU after not having been there since 1977........I know that Southern Hills is still there!....fore!........... :-D

The EagleMan makes this sound way too easy.  My first thought when I read the topic of this thread was "a real NICE dinner".

The EagleMan makes this sound way too easy.  My first thought when I read the topic of this thread was "a real NICE dinner".

Observe I titled the thread "Ways to get ON first base", not TO first base!!