Family tradition ends as Oral Roberts U. revamps - AP via TW

SOLO_Gold

I've given Juozapavicius heat in the past for unnecessarily dragging the ORU controversy through mud. It's nice to see him give the university credit for the important accomplishments its' made over the past couple of years.

It's also very exciting to see Dr. Rutland put such an emphasis on brand management. It's a big piece of what ORU has been missing over the last few years.

Family tradition ends as Oral Roberts U. revamps

By JUSTIN JUOZAPAVICIUS Associated Press

Published: 7/1/2009  5:24 AM

Last Modified: 7/1/2009  5:25 AM

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Workers are toiling in the thick summer heat, trying to bring the campus of Oral Roberts University into the current century.

subjectid=11&articleid=20090701_11_0_TULSAO908452'>http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?

subjectid=11&articleid=20090701_11_0_TULSAO908452

I love how Rutland alwayss uses sports metaphors in his conversations/interviews:

"Frankly, I could (pay it off) today," Rutland said of the roughly $720,000. "But that's like making a hole in one with nobody on the golf course.

It is a new day at ORU....

Except for the tag line of bringing ORU "into the current century", I thought it was a very well written article. 

Looking forward to that "ta-dah moment"!!

I had to let out a cheer when I read the article. This is an exciting time...seeing what we have prayed for begin to take shape. 

What happened to yesterday's article?  I wanted to show it to someone but when I click the link in this thread I get today's article with yesterday's picture. Weird.