Bennett Pickar opts for college, not the Braves

ORUalum

I have heard rumors that the Tulsa Sports Commission would like ORU to schedule some games at the new Oneok baseball field that is under construction in downtown Tulsa. They may even want ORU to actually play the first game in the new field - although I find that hard to believe given that it is being built for the Drillers. Maybe we would play them in an exhibition game?

It make sense for ORU to play as many games downtown as possible - it would give us an opportunity to showcase the team and let people see the product that is being played a JLJ stadium.

A couple of us sat behind Bennett and his parents at Johnson Stadium during the Summit League tournament.  They were really into it, sporting ORU gear and cheering on the team.  After talking with them a bit, it was quickly clear that Bennett is a smart kid who (along with his parents) seemed to appreciate what "the college experience" has to offer beyond baseball.

And it didn't hurt that they witnessed ORU's incredible comeback against Southern Utah - I wasn't at that game, but I heard they were pretty animated after Martinez' game-winner!  :lol:

I have heard rumors that the Tulsa Sports Commission would like ORU to schedule some games at the new Oneok baseball field that is under construction in downtown Tulsa. They may even want ORU to actually play the first game in the new field - although I find that hard to believe given that it is being built for the Drillers. Maybe we would play them in an exhibition game?

It make sense for ORU to play as many games downtown as possible - it would give us an opportunity to showcase the team and let people see the product that is being played a JLJ stadium.

Seems like a perfect venue to schedule a series with OU and OSU.