The Mid-Majority is temporarily closed.

tmh8286

I just visited the Mid-Majority web site and found that message posted. Apparently increased demand has caused bandwidth demands greater than he can afford to pay out of pocket. He's asking for donations.

www.midmajority.com

That's funny - when I went to check the link I posted to make sure it worked, the site came up. Go figure.

Yeah. I talk to myself a lot. I carried on a twenty minute running dialog in the chat room the other night with nobody else in sight.

Yeah. I talk to myself a lot. I carried on a twenty minute running dialog in the chat room the other night with nobody else in sight.

I think it's a class that they teach in Dental school on how to carry on a conversation when your patient can't talk back. They teach you how to ask questions that aren't yes/no questions to drive your patients crazy and then see if you can detect grunts and ah-ah. :shock:

We ask yes/no questions but patients always think they have to elaborate. "Are you doing okay?" Blah, blah blah, blah. Would you like to sit up? Blah, blah, blah, blah. "Do you feel that on your tooth?" Blah, blah, blah, blah. "Don't you just LOVE ORU basketball?" Blah, blah, blah. (For TU fans) "Hey, did you hear that ORU blew the doors off of TU AGAIN this year?" Blah, blah, blah.

What's a guy to do?

Now this is interesting stuff. Could rival "Tuesdays with Morrie". Something like "Dental Chair Chat" or "Drillin, Fillin, and Chillin with Dr. Tim".

Funny, my dentist always has this melodic, even-cadence banter of "How are we doing?" (when I don't think he is the least bit at risk in the pain category at that moment so why ask how "we" are doing) or "Are you comfortable?" when he can see your whole body is rigid and contorted as your knuckles turn ghost white gripping the chair. I usually manage a feeble, unconvincing "uh huh". I can't remember a blah, blah, blah at that moment.

The real fun part is the look in his eyes when there is finally need for "a procedure". His joy equals your dread. "A PROCEDURE". Great. The excitement is palpable as the assistants warm up the drills, needles, clamps, dams, and an amazing array of pokers, scrapers, packers, and carvers. Medieval things come to mind.

Then there is the sonic blaster tooth cleaner. A jaw-jarring adventure of high pitched sonic blasts to your beloved bicuspids. The hygenist loves this thing. Might as well stick your head in the microwave.

All of which makes me appreciate the joy of a good win like tonight and reliving the LO dunk again and again. blah, blah, blah. YES!!!!!!

Just havin some fun Dr. Tim... and Dr. Reggie.