THE NCAA SELECTION COMMITTEE GETS ITS GRADES FROM DEAN WORMER

SOLO_Gold

Tough words but he may have a point...

"Oral Roberts as a two-seed.

This is NOT the year to have the Eagles rewarded with a 2-seed. There were sooooo many times that the 4-seed was given to ORU when they were better than that (like in ‘06 when the Eagles won the Fayetteville Regional). This wasn’t a vintage Roberts squad, despite their 39 RPI. They only won 31 games and actually got challenged in the Summit."

http://collegebaseballtoday.com/?p=1653

Although don't get me wrong, I think our success over the past 12 years does merit this kind of treatment. It's just funny it didn't happen when we've had one of our "better" seasons.

More bulletin board material.

Arizona State also has Omaha clearly in its sights. The Sun Devils have one of the best pitching staffs in the country, even while playing in a stadium that usually favors hitters. Oral Roberts is the weakest regional 2-seed in the field (18 of 31 wins against the worst 100 teams in the country). Cal Poly has some high profile victories, including a series win against Rice, but the Mustangs will be making their first tournament appearance. Kent State has just two wins against top 100 RPI teams, but the Golden Flashes have won 18 games on the road.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4205856

I think the strangest thing about college baseball is that they let CURRENT head coaches sit on the NCAA committee... even ones that have been subjects of NCAA violation investigations.

Tough words but he may have a point...

"Oral Roberts as a two-seed.

This is NOT the year to have the Eagles rewarded with a 2-seed. There were sooooo many times that the 4-seed was given to ORU when they were better than that (like in ‘06 when the Eagles won the Fayetteville Regional). This wasn’t a vintage Roberts squad, despite their 39 RPI. They only won 31 games and actually got challenged in the Summit."

http://collegebaseballtoday.com/?p=1653

Although don't get me wrong, I think our success over the past 12 years does merit this kind of treatment. It's just funny it didn't happen when we've had one of our "better" seasons.

Hard to take someone serious when they can't get their facts straight. We haven't been a 4 seed since 2003. Princeton was the No. 4 at Fayetteville.

Also, this individual makes no mention of why we only have 31 wins. Again, hard to put much stock into what he says.

This guy said that this ORU team isn't Vintage ORU, this he said was based upon his watching the Cal State Fullerton series.  A poster on that board rightly stated that the Eagles were 10 days removed from losing their entire starting outfield. Now the pitching staff has righted itself.  Go Eagles!

TheEagleman says let's go to Tempe and kick some A$$...... :-D

TheEagleman says let's go to Tempe and kick some A$$...... :-D

Frankly, Eagleman, I'd prefer to just WIN!

That goes without saying, Blue.....Just win, baby!...... :wink: