Stinkin' Sunny Gollaway

Old Titan

Loses again today in the Big XII tournament, this time to Missouri, meaning OU will not even play in the tournament championship game, much less win it.

Now we ALL have to sweat it out on whether they will host a regional or not, when they could have been a deadlock cinch to host if they had just advanced out of pool play.

Leave it to good ol' Sunny to mess this thing up to where ORU might get sent off 1000 miles away, instead of 100 miles away in Norman.

The dude leaves ORU following year after year of NCAA regional underachieving, and here he is STILL screwing up our postseason plans!  :x

Sonny is a legend in his own mind....

What are the chances OU gets a regional but is the second seed? Didn't that happen with Arkansas last year?

I think that OU still gets a host site despite Sonny's underachieving....they just won't be one of the eight national seeds, which means that OU will have to travel away from Norman if they are successful in getting out of their Regional. 

As it was when he was at ORU, Sonny seems to find ways to keep from being highly successful in taking his team to the summit of his profession (a little play on words).  We should be grateful for Sonny resurrecting our baseball program when it needed rebuilt, but I'm also thankful that we have another coach that has the technical and motivational capabilities of taking ORU to a higher level than his neighboring schools.

I think that OU still gets a host site despite Sonny's underachieving....they just won't be one of the eight national seeds, which means that OU will have to travel away from Norman if they are successful in getting out of their Regional. 

As it was when he was at ORU, Sonny seems to find ways to keep from being highly successful in taking his team to the summit of his profession (a little play on words).  We should be grateful for Sonny resurrecting our baseball program when it needed rebuilt, but I'm also thankful that we have another coach that has the technical and motivational capabilities of taking ORU to a higher level than his neighboring schools.

A classic example of The Peter Principle.

And I'm talking about when he was at ORU, much less OU...  :-P

I still think the Sooners host - as a #1 seed.

Are we a lock for a #3 seed?  I can't imagine us going lower (some major upsets in conference tourneys already), and I think a #2 is equally a longshot.  Anyone else think we are anything other than a 3?

Are we a lock for a #3 seed?  I can't imagine us going lower (some major upsets in conference tourneys already), and I think a #2 is equally a longshot.  Anyone else think we are anything other than a 3?

I could still see us as a strong #4 in a weak #1 regional.

It wouldn't be fair, but it's happened before...  :|

I wonder impact Rob Walton's growing reputation (Team USA, etc) might have with the selection committee in regards to our seeding?

TheEagleman sees ORU as a #3 seed....but if it means getting a shot at Sunny and OU....i'll take a #4 slot any day of the week!.... :wink:

I agree, Blue...OU still is a #1 seed (one of the top 16 teams), but just won't be a national seed (which was theirs to lose - and they did that quite well).

I would expect us to be a #3 seed in whatever regional we get in to based on our history and reputation (plus our #38 rating in Boyd's World this morning).  It would make sense for us to get into the Norman regional, but I could also see us in Fort Worth (if TCU is successful in their bid for a Regional) or Houston/College Station (if Rice or aTm is a host site).

If we were to be in the Top 25 for most of a season, it would be nice for ORU to be able to host a Regional in the new ONEOK Field stadium in the next couple of years.  We would need to coordinate the Texas League schedule with the Tulsa Drillers' to ensure that the last weekend in May / first weekend in June was available for the Park to be used.

Kansas State and Missouri are both being mentioned as possible host sites - couldn't we just as easily be a #3 in one of those regionals?

Kansas State and Missouri are both being mentioned as possible host sites - couldn't we just as easily be a #3 in one of those regionals?

I noticed that too, OT, and think there's a good chance of at least two to three regionals within a reasonable driving distance from Tulsa.  Also, looking at the prospective #3 seeds, there are very few from the "mid-southwest", so I think ORU stands a good chance to be placed somewhere close to home.  Of course, now that I've said that, you might as well book the flight to Fullerton!  :roll:

Sunny must have pictures of the baseball selection committee partying with Michael Phelps to have gotten the draw they received in this year's bracket:

1.  They get to host

2.  They're a national seed (#7)

3.  They get to avoid us (we would have beaten them, guaranteed)

4.  They get a weak Washington State as a #3 instead

5.  If they win it, they get to host Florida State, who should have been a national seed and super regional host.

If he doesn't make it to Omaha this time, he certainly won't have the committee to blame.  :x

Let's go Wichita!..... :-D

Sunny must have pictures of the baseball selection committee partying with Michael Phelps to have gotten the draw they received in this year's bracket:

1.  They get to host

2.  They're a national seed (#7)

3.  They get to avoid us (we would have beaten them, guaranteed)

4.  They get a weak Washington State as a #3 instead

5.  If they win it, they get to host Florida State, who should have been a national seed and super regional host.

If he doesn't make it to Omaha this time, he certainly won't have the committee to blame.  :x

laughing004.gif

Leave it to Sunny!