ORU vs. Southern Utah

ORUTerry

It was 6-2 going into the 8th and and I decided to head to the mall to save myself from further frustration. Man, what a great feeling to come back just to see we pulled off a huge win.

What an incredible game for ORU!  This game will truly be one that we'll remember for a very long time.  It would have been very difficult (although possible) to win three games in a 24 hour period had we lost. 

They say that you get a "break" every now-and-then and we received ours when the first base umpire did not call Juan out on a checked third strike swing.  The Mrs. thought that Juan didn't go, but I saw the barrel of the bat break the plane of the plate.  Regardless, this is one of those times when "the official is always right" and he did not ring Juan up on the third strike.  The next pitch lands over the right field fence and the rest is history.  There were two of the TV stations still there at the end of the game, so this will probably open the Sports coverage on those news channels. 

We go from probably not making the Regionals for the first time in 11 years (there's no way that the power conferences would allow a low-major conference to get two bids) to making a statement.  The game of baseball is a fickle one indeed.

Hax - I've got to ask you - does this win help ease the pain of the loss in Fayetteville? :-D

TheEagleman just got home and got the wonderful news....left work about 5:45 when we were down 6-2 and fearing the worst....what an incredible comeback win....the crowd must have gone nuts!.....it's certainly like coming back from the dead because the chances of winning 3 in a row even at home with a lot of our pitching used up would have been difficult....now the pressure is all on the winner of SUU-SDSU.... TheEagleman will be impressed if SUU can recover and win the losers bracket game tonight...expecting to face the Jacks tomorrow....and what was Centenary thinking not starting Kraft today?....idiots!...he got in the game for one inning....i don't get it....anyway, congrats to the Good Guys for a marvelous win today....let's wrap it up tomorrow in game 1.... :-D

Indeed ORUblue.  That game is pretty far in the review because these games mean so much but it is way gone to the back of the mind now.

Isn't baseball amazing.  You can go hours and be heading for slumber land sometimes.  Then you can have instances like today where your heart is in your throat and your pulse is racing out of control.

As far as a "moment" goes, it doesn't get much better than that today. 

Bases juiced, two outs, full count, top nine, down one, there go the runners......there goes the ball and ORU does what it always does in this league and that is WIN! 

Most intense situation for yours truly since Clemson.  Most enjoyable win since the Eagles bounced Oklahoma State twice in a row to win the regional in 06. 

Juan came on the radio afterwards and was great there too.  What a kid and player. 

VERY happy.

Hax

Hax.... do you have a copy of the post-game interview you could send me? I would like to post it here for those who did not hear it. Would also be nice to hear your call of the home run too.

Sorry Terry.  All is lost do to being on am 1550 only.  That studio is in a closet up there and there is no recording going on.

If we were on the fm it all gets recorded and I could get you both the call and Juan.  Stinks.

Again, sorry.

Hax

Here is a link to KOTV - Channel 6 and their 6:00pm sportscast. ORU is the lead story. I imagine that they will change this to the 10:00pm sportscast at sometime.

Link

Wow!!  3 walks on 12 pitches.  Makes me remember a regional with Texas.  Nice to get some home cooking in our favor for a change.  Plus a failed check swing 3rd strike.  Bet everybody in the Summit will be glad to keep coming back here.

Let's see - who was more clutch today - Juan Martinez or Lebron James?  Toss-up!

I was thinking the same thing Blue.... both situations looked bleak.

That has got to be heartbreaking for those kids from Utah.

They played well, a bit of a goof in my opinion with the coach's decisions in the 9th....but thats baseball.

am 1550.  As soon as the royals are done on fm 97.1 we will be there with a free stream once we get to fm on sportsanimaltulsa.com

if somebody has the streaming box open can you paste the link to the board...because the link from the site keeps bringup an error and im trying my third computer here....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!