Prayer Request

ORU Eli

My dad, Chris Howard, had a heart attack yesterday and will have quad bypass surgery first thing in the morning. Our family is praying for a successful operation with no complications and a speedy recovery for him along with peace and encouragement as he has quite a bit of work cut out for him in the coming months to get healthy. If you would, please say a short prayer in agreement for him. Thanks so much.

My dad, Chris Howard, had a heart attack yesterday and will have quad bypass surgery first thing in the morning. Our family is praying for a successful operation with no complications and a speedy recovery for him along with peace and encouragement as he has quite a bit of work cut out for him in the coming months to get healthy. If you would, please say a short prayer in agreement for him. Thanks so much.

How is your father doing?

I’m happy to report my dad is doing very well. He will be released from the hospital today. He actually had 6-way bypass…4 arteries were 100% clogged, the 5th was 75% clogged, and the 6th was 50% clogged. Never heard of 6-way bypass? According to the doctor, that’s probably b/c 99% of patients die of massive heart attack before they ever know they need that type of surgery. Dad was pumping about 10-15% of what a healthy heart puts out for who knows how long…to say that his life is a miracle at this point is almost an understatement. And now he’s 3-4 days ahead of his recovery and while he has a lot of therapy and healing to do in the next couple months, is really encouraged and in good spirits. It was very tough on our family last week in the time leading up to and during the surgery…but to hear what the doctor had to say and to watch his progress this weekend…it’s absolutely amazing how real God’s power is and the way He has so obviously intervened in my Dad’s life. Thank you for your prayers…they were more than answered and we’ve been very blessed by them.

That is good news. Thanks for sharing with us; we will continue to lift your father up in our prayers.

Eli, I have goose bumps reading your post. Our God IS an awsome god!  Please let your dad know that our family will still be praying for him. Anytime you are back in Tulsa, you know you can crash on our couch again.  Miss ya man.  :wink:

• 3 months later...

Eli....how is your dad doing after 3+ months...???

He's fully recovered! Over six weeks ahead of time. He has a few more cardio rehab sessions left but he's back at work and is lifting weights and running/walking 5 days a week. He's lost about 30lbs and looks really good. I haven't seen him this optimistic and upbeat in a long time. I'm truly amazed by the whole thing...a very sincere thank you for all the prayers.