Dallas Baptist Today

Old Titan

End of the regular season today in Dallas at DBU.

2-0 Patriots, bottom of the second.  Former Dallas Baptist redshirt Jameson Dunn on the bump for ORU.

Keep the updates coming.  I'll be away from live stats access for a couple of hours...

"On the bump" = overused cliche?.....ugh!.....ORU 5-4 in the 7th...go Blue!....TheEagleman loves to beat Dallas Baptist!.... :wink:

8-4 Good Guys with us still batting in the 8th...pour it on!.... :-D

SWEET!

This would be a big win, as DBU was using this as a "statement" game, to show the NCAA that they deserve an at-large bid.  So this was kind-of a "preliminary first round" NCAA matchup. So far, so good!

Notaro blasts a grand slam on the 1st pitch with 2 outs. 14-8 ORU

"On the bump" = overused cliche?.....ugh!.....ORU 5-4 in the 7th...go Blue!....TheEagleman loves to beat Dallas Baptist!.... :wink:

ORU wins it 14-8......great win on the road against a quality opponent....much-needed boost headed into Summit Tournament play.....using lots of periods to separate stream of consciousness posts = even worse cliche....VALPO SUCKS = most overused cliche.....pot calling the kettle black = most appropriate cliche in this instance.

The setup for Notaro in the top of the ninth was a thing of beauty.  What an opportunity for Mike, and he didn't disappoint. 

I'm a little concerned for TJ Kelly.  He's had a couple rough outings in a row.  There's a good chance we'll need him in the tournament, and right now his confidence has got to be shaken.  May be the reason that Bowen saw 177 pitches Tuesday night.

According to Boyd's World today, ORU's RPI was 56, DBU's was 36.  I don't believe that they weight the baseball RPI for home and away games the way they do basketball, so there's no real advantage for winning on the road - the only real advantage is WINNING!!!  All things considered, the way this season had gone, with all the rain-outs and all, and a number of what I'd call weird games, I'm very pleased that we're ranked that high.

This game may have determined whether we get in as an at-large bid if we were to falter in the SL Tournament.  We definitely won't be an at-large possibility if we lose in anything other than the Championship game; however, this win could possibly be the difference between DBU and ORU getting in at the end.

TheEagleman is pleased with this win over Dallas Baptist.....not as pleased with personal shots taken by one over sensitive old fart on this board....but, we'll let it go this time since we are supposedly on the same team..... :-P.....TheEagleman is again proven to be the better man.... :wink:

TheEagleman is pleased with this win over Dallas Baptist.....not as pleased with personal shots taken by one over sensitive old fart on this board....but, we'll let it go this time since we are supposedly on the same team..... :-P.....TheEagleman is again proven to be the better man.... :wink:

YOU'RE OLDER THAN I AM!!!  :lol: