Re: OK Legislature honors Oral Roberts

MrsSmith

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Evangelist Oral Roberts was honored Thursday by the Oklahoma State Senate.

"The Oklahoma State Legislature salutes the life of this famous Oklahoman, Oral Roberts, whose ministry and educational institution have benefited our state immensely," states Senate Concurrent Resolution 25.

Roberts, 91, is the founder of Oral Roberts University in Tulsa.

"I never dreamed of such a thing, but I am grateful," Roberts said as he stood on the Senate floor.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090507_11_0_OKLAHO431677

That's a great pic of President Roberts and Ronnie Potts - both looking good.  I'm a little surprised that Oral is back in Oklahoma again - I thought that homecoming was to be his last trip back.  I guess the unique opportunity brought him here again.  The article says he comes back several times a year - but that doesn't seem right.  Remember a few years back when RR said the next time OR would come back to Tulsa was when God called him home?  On that note, notice that RR and Lindsay weren't there to see Oral honored.

Somewhere I read or heard (hopefully it wasn't here) that Richard is holding a healing crusade in London.  I've heard a lot of incredible testimonies from his healing crusades.  I believe that is what he is supposed to be doing for the kingdom.

OR is outliving all of his critics.

Happy to see this happen.

Great honor!

Glad we all can be part of it all!

That's a great pic of President Roberts and Ronnie Potts - both looking good.  I'm a little surprised that Oral is back in Oklahoma again - I thought that homecoming was to be his last trip back.  I guess the unique opportunity brought him here again.  The article says he comes back several times a year - but that doesn't seem right.  Remember a few years back when RR said the next time OR would come back to Tulsa was when God called him home?  On that note, notice that RR and Lindsay weren't there to see Oral honored.

One clip on last night's news showed Ron & Roberta Potts...a very striking couple.  It thrills me to know they were there and that they also enjoyed Homecoming this year. They are two of my favorite people from my days as a student. I will always think Roberta would have made a better  president when Oral passed the baton.

Impressive that at 91 he stood alone and didn't need notes.  Here is the video http://cfc.ktul.com/videoondemand.cfm?id=39814&category=loc

Somewhere I read or heard (hopefully it wasn't here) that Richard is holding a healing crusade in London.  I've heard a lot of incredible testimonies from his healing crusades.  I believe that is what he is supposed to be doing for the kingdom.

He held two services in London on Sunday and two on Tuesday, then one service in Scotland on Wednesday. There was no Thursday meeting and his Friday meeting was canceled.  It seems he was out of the country for a crusade when OR was here for homecoming too.

Perhaps at some point he'll start preaching 'Christ and Him Crucified'? It was good enough for Paul.

Performing "miracles" has NEVER been the mandate from God and they were NEVER intended for bringing about "saving faith". Faith comes by HEARING....the WORD. And when I say, "The WORD", I'm not talking about 95% of your sermons/tv shows revolving around sowing/reaping (money).

An evil and adulterous generation seeks signs & wonders.....at least that's what this guy I know said about 2,000 years ago.

Perhaps at some point he'll start preaching 'Christ and Him Crucified'? It was good enough for Paul.

Performing "miracles" has NEVER been the mandate from God and they were NEVER intended for bringing about "saving faith". Faith comes by HEARING....the WORD. And when I say, "The WORD", I'm not talking about 95% of your sermons/tv shows revolving around sowing/reaping (money).

An evil and adulterous generation seeks signs & wonders.....at least that's what this guy I know said about 2,000 years ago.

Well said. I didn't know you were a theology major.  I've been reading my Bible through this year, instead of jumping around. It is amazing what I am learning that I have never heard from a pulpit. I still believe in miracles, BUT, not at the expense of salvation.

I always thought that they did preach the cross at the crusades, and the healings and miracles are what followed after. If that is the case then I have no qualms with R and L and what ORM is doing overseas.

I always thought that they did preach the cross at the crusades, and the healings and miracles are what followed after. If that is the case then I have no qualms with R and L and what ORM is doing overseas.

I think what Voice is getting at is the overwhelming theme of the message.  The fact that these events have been called "Miracle/Healing Crusades" certainly shifts the attention away from the sacrificial message of the gospel, and instead to signs and wonders.

A point that has not being brought up are some of the great things that ORM has established such as "Hunger Needs A Voice." They have directly feed the people of the nation they go to, and those actions are full of what the gospel is all about.

I think it's safe to say that we should be slow to criticize people whose shoes we have not walked in, and whose responsibility be have no real grasp of.

I think what Voice is getting at is the overwhelming theme of the message.  The fact that these events have been called "Miracle/Healing Crusades" certainly shifts the attention away from the sacrificial message of the gospel, and instead to signs and wonders.

A point that has not being brought up are some of the great things that ORM has established such as "Hunger Needs A Voice." They have directly feed the people of the nation they go to, and those actions are full of what the gospel is all about.

I think it's safe to say that we should be slow to criticize people whose shoes we have not walked in, and whose responsibility be have no real grasp of.

I am glad that God judges the heart, or we would all be doomed.