2009 Cancun Challenge update

Old Titan

The flyer for last year said that the 4 home teams play each other and the four visiting teams play each other in Cancun.  I imagine that means that we will not have top tier opponents in Cancun.  The good side of that is that we have a chance to win down there.

What a great trip for a bunch of college guys.

Good points there, OKCE - I'm sure they will play it the same way this year.  I was just hoping we might get a chance to play KU.  The reality is, it probably will make for better games and fewer blowouts doing it that way.  We'll get our opportunity to play the big boys at their home venue before going down to Cancun.  Kentucky just won't be one of the ones we get to play.

Good points there, OKCE - I'm sure they will play it the same way this year.  I was just hoping we might get a chance to play KU.  The reality is, it probably will make for better games and fewer blowouts doing it that way.  We'll get our opportunity to play the big boys at their home venue before going down to Cancun.  Kentucky just won't be one of the ones we get to play.

There is only one KU (and we have already beaten them).  The Wildcats go by "UK" just like Texas goes by "UT"  8-)

There is only one KU (and we have already beaten them).  The Wildcats go by "UK" just like Texas goes by "UT"  8-)

Oops!!  Well, then, I was hoping we could play the palindrome of KU!!

You guys and SDSU are killing me with these tourneys at tropical locations. Last year Saul sent us to balmy Des Moines Iowa for the Drake Hyvee Classic, not really the excuse I need to get out of Fargo.

You guys and SDSU are kiling me with these tourneys at tropical locations. Last year Saul sent us to balmy Des Moines Iowa for the Drake Hyvee Classic, not really the excuse I need to get out of Fargo.

The Jacks men are going to the Virgin Islands this fall and open with Purdue there. The women are going to the Bahamas and I believe they open with Indiana there.