Games called. Will not be made up.

Geoff Haxton

UND wont be in the SUMMIT>

#2.. hey ORU,  You're lucky we didnt even PITCH our #1 or #2 starter .    So I as a former NDSU player was extremely jacked to win that first game, knowing that Wentz and Straka both didnt throw that game.

god knows why our coach didnt throw them in game #2, but whatever.

furthermore, Ive seen Oral Roberts play before and let me tell you, NDSU beat them fair and square, SDSU might give ORU a run for their money too.

SO go ahead and run away from the conference (competition) etc.  we aint afraid of ORU baseball!!

p.s-  the trash talking was a blast!!!! 

#2.. hey ORU,  You're lucky we didnt even PITCH our #1 or #2 starter .    So I as a former NDSU player was extremely jacked to win that first game, knowing that Wentz and Straka both didnt throw that game.

furthermore, Ive seen Oral Roberts play before and let me tell you, NDSU beat them fair and square, SDSU might give ORU a run for their money too.

SO go ahead and run away from the conference (competition) etc.  we aint afraid of ORU baseball!!

That's funny stuff! You just made my day.

I thought playing D-1 baseball took talent.... apparently not :mrgreen:

If I remember right, several years back (maybe 8-10 years ago), ORU was offered to play baseball in another conference.  I think it was the Missouri Valley, but ORU decided not to do so.

The more I've thought about it, I don't think it makes sense to jump to another league for 1 sport only.  I think the Summit League is good for ORU because it gives us a relatively easy path to get to a regional.  I know there is little room for error in the Summit League tournament, but I would say it has worked out well for us over the last 11 years and counting.

Once you get to the regional, you just have to win your games.  Obviously, getting a 3-seed makes things a lot easier than getting a 4-seed, but either way, you have to win the games.  And quite often you will have to play the 1-seed twice sooner or later in order to win the regional.

I assume that NDSU and SDSU's conference home games are stacked at the end of the season, and that is the best we can do.  This year the weather didn't work out for the NDSU series, but I like the fact that the regular season is very important in Summit League baseball, because only the top 4 seeds make it to the conference tournament.

Overall, I think NDSU and SDSU are good additions, and I hope USD will be as well.  In most sports, they are good competitors, are well supported in their communities, and as a result generally improve the RPIs of the league, at least a little.

This LakeBison dude is pretty humorous....they beat us one game in 10 innings and he is ready to proclaim the Bison equal to our 11 time Conference champs....bring it on, Bisonboy.....we'll see what happens next month at the Summit Tournament which will be played in a more temperate climate... :-D

NDSU still has a losing conference record.  I wouldn't exactly describe them as worldbeaters...  But I suspect that NDSU will make the Summit League tournament and we will probably face them in the 1st round.

If we EVER have another offer to join the MVC let's TAKE IT!  Traveling to Utah and the Dakotas is a waste of time, money, energy and resources.