Tulsa World Article - ORU Finacnes - Sutton & Carter Compensation

Section A

This could be old news but has anyone heard about the new 4 for 1 contribution the trustee's are doing. It was announced today in chapel. Basically if you give $25, ORU's Trustee's will then give $75, which means ORU would receive $100. Wow, does that you want to give or what.

You're pretty close, wakeflip, but there's a little more to it.  Monies given to the university general fund will by matched dollar for dollar, doubling  your donation and pays down university debt.  If your donation is made towards the Whole Man Scholarship fund, then your money is quadrupled. 

It's a wonderful program that is helping wipe out the university debt and fund scholarships for new students.  More info on the program can be found here, on the ORU web site.  Be sure to watch the video.

To even get a little more detailed (and for clarification), the Board of Trustees will match your contributions for the Whole Man Scholarship Program dollar-for-dollar and the Green family matches the doubled scholarship money dollar-for-dollar to reduce the debt.  Therefore for a $25 donation to the Whole Man Scholarship, the Scholarshp program realizes $50 and the debt reduction realizes $50.  Hopefully that makes some sense without confusing matters.

Thanks for clarification. I wish I could fast forward and see ORU 10 years from now.

The mormons have BYU, the catholics have Notre Dame, and ORU will be the University Christians look at and say that's "our" University.

ORU has agreed to pay Richard Roberts about $440,000 to honor the rest of his three-year contract with the university.

If he had ANY class, he'd give ALL the $440,000 back to the university immediately.

My guess is he won't give a dime.

If he had ANY class, he'd give ALL the $440,000 back to the university immediately.

My guess is he won't give a dime.

I'm not sure where it would rank on the "classiness" scale, but something along those lines - anything - would be a great gesture, and a step toward personal redemption for him and Lindsay on campus and around town.

But, I wouldn't hold your breath...  :|

Their mistakes are magnified, ours are not. That's the only difference between us and the Roberts.

Their mistakes are magnified, ours are not. That's the only difference between us and the Roberts.

Amen!!