All-State Girl's Basketball: Kevi Luper has drive to thrive

ORUalum

All-State Girl's Basketball: Kevi Luper has drive to thrive

Player of the Year: State’s top player perseveres despite string of injuries

BY JUSTIN HARPER

Published: April 19, 2009

(excerpt)

ADAIR — Kevi Luper has had far more than her share of bad breaks, and she had them at the absolute worst possible times.

But the setbacks didn’t keep her from leading Adair to the Class 3A state championship — or from scoring more than 2,000 career points, or from becoming the best player in the state and being named The Oklahoman’s 2009 Super Five Player of the Year.

So, why isn’t Luper going to a national-power women’s college basketball team in a major conference?

The 5-10 guard, who was chosen as the Gatorade Oklahoma Player of the Year, will be playing Division I basketball at Oral Roberts University. But if not for a slew of untimely injuries, Luper likely would have found herself at a school the likes of Tennessee.

http://newsok.com/all-state-girls-basketball-kevi-luper-has-drive-to-thrive/article/3362723

What a great story about an awesome player who is excited to be coming to ORU!  I look forward to seeing her play for the next 4 years.

In addition, I am looking forward to seeing Jaci Bigham (might be spelled incorrectly) from McAlester and Jasmine Smith from Jenks.  Jerry has really succeeded in getting some very talented players from our home state this year!

I have heard good things about all these players and most likely there will be opportunities for each of them to contribute right away...

looks like jerry's best recruiting class yet look out sdsu as oru will be contending again