First pitch 7:15 tonight v Cent.

Geoff Haxton

Notaro pours salt in the wounds with another HR.....11-2 and ORU still batting with two down in the 8th.... :-D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• ORUTerry

• jmg1984

Top Posters In This Topic

11-2 ORU as we head to the 9th...Kelly on the mound....but with a DH tomorrow...frankly, why waste him?.... :-P

So much for a challenge to ORU's league dominance...  At least for tonight.

And the Gents go down quietly in the 9th as Kelly strikes out 2 and only needs 12 pitches....ORU takes game 1 in this huge series by a convincing 11-2 margain....good night from TheEagleman and let's get a pair tomorrow!... :-D

Strong effort by Sullivan and ORU tonight....some big hits late in the game as we pulled away....looks like the boys are now on a serious winning streak!..... :-D

ORU establishes the natural order of things in the Summit League...

Amen, bro.

I felt like last night was an important game in the series, and ORU won it handily.  Let's hope they keep up the intensity.

Last night was a good game, all the way around.  Both starting pitchers pitched well, and I don't believe either team had an error.  There were some GREAT plays made by Martinez at SS and Kyle Price at second.  The Gents' short stop and second baseman made some great plays as well.

One of the most exciting moments of the game was the double play by ORU - Centenary's short stop, Imperiali, led off the top of the eighth inning with a double, and no outs.  Then, their number 10, Leverson, hit a little grounder back at the pitcher and Jerry was able to snag it.  He turned and checked the runner at second, who had started for third.  ORU got Impeirali in a pickle, and he was eventually run down by Price.  After tagging him, Price had the presence of mind to look over to second, and see Leverson trying to sneak over to second while all the commotion was going on around Imperiali.  Martinez laid an easy tag on Leverson, and just like that, the bases are cleared with two outs.  Very exciting.

It was particularly fun to see Leverson tagged out.  Earlier in the game he'd gotten a single, then stole second, stole third, and then scored on a wild pitch.  Nice bit of base running, but frustrating to ORU fans.

Great game all the way around.

Sounds like the fans are in for an exciting double dip out at JLJ today....it's perfect baseball weather here in Philly...hope it's the same out in Tulsa...TheEagleman wishes he could be there!... :wink:

Just wondering..... what was the attendance last night?  This is a big series, hopefully the faithful will pack the stands during the homestand.

Just wondering..... what was the attendance last night?  This is a big series, hopefully the faithful will pack the stands during the homestand.

Irish, I hate to say it, but if you checked the box score you saw an official attendance of 518; I'd be surprised if half that many actually showed up.  Baseball is harder to judge attendance-wise than something like basketball or football, because people are more inclined to file in and out during the game, and relatively few stay for the whole thing, so there may have been more that I thought - however, I doubt it.  Unfortunately, the fan base for ORU baseball is pretty small.  It's a shame, too, because being out there is such a fun experience.  Sure wish more came out to enjoy it.

After saying that, though, I doubt that I will be able to make either of the games today, due to other activities.  Afternoon games are really hard for me to attend, especially on Saturdays - I make most of the evening games.  So, while I'm disappointed that more people don't show, I'll be the one missing today.  Guess I can't point too many fingers!