Maniacs go crazy in KC

Sterns78

I had to listen to the UMKC station because I couldn't get the Tulsa stations. For the longest time, it sounded like a home game. The Maniacs were great. Even the sportscasters commented on them in a positive way. GO MANIACS and thanks for making the trip.

I heard the Maniacs were placed in general admission, upper level seating and not allowed to move down, even though the place is so big that it looked empty on tv.

Did the cheerleaders get to go too?

GREAT JOB MANIACS!!!

Wanted to give credit to the Maniacs, they were loud and proud the whole game....... I would have to say coach Sutton out coached Coach Z this game and wanted to congragulate you on a great win... You dominated the game and deserved to win..... Looks as we will be the 3 seed and you will be the 2 seed.......see you in tulsa... GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THEWAY....

Thanks for your gracious words, ANDROO. I, for one, appreciate your good sportsmanship. That was a big game last night. It hurts to lose games like that one was. AND it makes coming over here with positive remarks all the more appreciated.

Maybe when you're down for the Mid-Con Tournament we can all meet up. It's fun getting to know fans of your opponents.

(Still a lot of basketball to be played to be assuming ORU will be the #2 seed.)

Wanted to give credit to the Maniacs, they were loud and proud the whole game....... I would have to say coach Sutton out coached Coach Z this game and wanted to congragulate you on a great win... You dominated the game and deserved to win..... Looks as we will be the 3 seed and you will be the 2 seed.......see you in tulsa... GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THEWAY....

Why does everybody keep assuming we will be a #2 seed. There is still more basketball to play. IUPUI on the road will be tough, but Scott doesn't have to fire the guys up for that one. It's allready a big game!

I was at the ORU/UMKC game last night. I had a GREAT time and here are some of my reactions:

First, the Mabee Maniacs were FANTASTIC. They made more noise in the first five minutes than the UMKC crowd did all night. They were confined to the end of the arena, despite the many, many open seats closer to the action. This did not dampen their enthusiasm.

There was not a lot of outside shooting from ORU. A lot of outside shots were hitting the front of the rim. (tired?)

I liked the coaching move of Larry Owens guarding Quentin Day. Larry was one of the few to match Day's quickness. Day was still a majority of UMKC's team with 20+ points.

Overall it was a fun game to watch, especially since we won.

Way to go, Maniacs. and what a great, balanced game by the team. Now, how can we get internet coverage??????