• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Irish333

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

• Geoff Haxton

Top Posters In This Topic

Three up, three down in the 9th and the Bears win 3-2.  We're going through a tough string right now.  Hopefully the bats will find their way back on the ball.

Up next - Texas!

HMMMM maybe some more of that Mongolian Pork they had in the Promo!

Yeah, that stuff can't be good for ANYBODY :lol:!!

This is a trying time for the team, for the coaches, for the fans, for everyone, all the way around.  I appreciate the job that Geoff does just keeping the games fun and entertaining, even when things aren't going well.  You can sense the stress in his voice, but he still keeps the message upbeat and enjoyable.

Geoff has really been through a few tough weeks here, starting about the last week of the regular season of basketball - and that was on both the men's and women's sides.  It was supposed to be a relief, getting out from under the stress of the final few games of the basketball season and into the relative calm of baseball.  Well, since he's been back doing baseball it's been anything but calm - first the rainouts at DBU, then the trouncing we took at CSF, now the snow-out, the move of what should have been home games to Springfield, and then two utterly demoralizing performances at the plate by the Eagles.

It's been a tough month for Big Geoff Haxton!!

There is still a lot of baseball to played.... I am sure Rob Walton & Co. will find a way to get the bats going. It might just be a phase that we need to work through. The stop and start schedule (rain outs, etc) has not helped.

There is still a lot of baseball to played.... I am sure Rob Walton & Co. will find a way to get the bats going. It might just be a phase that we need to work through. The stop and start schedule (rain outs, etc) has not helped.

Amen, bro.

It's a long season, and the weather is creating havoc with practice time.  Just got to power through this stretch, kind of like the men's basketball team in December.

Better (and drier) days are ahead!  8-)

It's a long season, and the weather is creating havoc with practice time.  Just got to power through this stretch, kind of like the men's basketball team in December.

Better (and drier) days are ahead!  8-)

...and so is some Summit League pitching to serve as our boys slump-busters!

...and so is some Summit League pitching to serve as our boys slump-busters!

I've avoided referencing that fact, because I like to think our team is better than needing the Summit League to succeed, but it's very true, and coming up right around the corner!!

A "remember when" for you with ORU baseball and struggles.

The 2005 team lost 6 straight in late March into early April.  They lost three to UC Santa Barbara, one to then SW Missouri st and then two to Miami.  That team finished 42-20, lost just two league games and went deep into the Clemson Regional.

The 2006 Super Regional team lost a school record 7 straight games.  It started with a loss to Tulane, followed by losing three to UC Irvine and three straight at home to San Fransisco.  We all know how that season ended.

Those teams had better talent and were much deeper than this team.  This team has flaws, BUT.

We have good arms on this team.  The defense will make adjustments and start playing better when these guys that are holding down new positions become more experienced and comfortable. 

And finally, they can't continue to hit this poorly and strike out so much.  The bats of Juan Martinez and Michael Notaro will eventually come alive.  Don't know when but they will.  When that happens the newbys will follow and start to perform at a higher level.

I truly believe this.  Is it going to be a tough season, probably.  I do expect these guys to turn it around and win. 

My thoughts on a Monday.  Beat Texas.

Hax

TheEagleman has a Longhorns jacket in his closet but will not be wearing it on Tuesday....Beat Texas!.... :-D

A "remember when" for you with ORU baseball and struggles.

The 2005 team lost 6 straight in late March into early April.  They lost three to UC Santa Barbara, one to then SW Missouri st and then two to Miami.  That team finished 42-20, lost just two league games and went deep into the Clemson Regional.

The 2006 Super Regional team lost a school record 7 straight games.  It started with a loss to Tulane, followed by losing three to UC Irvine and three straight at home to San Fransisco.  We all know how that season ended.

Those teams had better talent and were much deeper than this team.  This team has flaws, BUT.

We have good arms on this team.  The defense will make adjustments and start playing better when these guys that are holding down new positions become more experienced and comfortable. 

And finally, they can't continue to hit this poorly and strike out so much.  The bats of Juan Martinez and Michael Notaro will eventually come alive.  Don't know when but they will.  When that happens the newbys will follow and start to perform at a higher level.

I truly believe this.  Is it going to be a tough season, probably.  I do expect these guys to turn it around and win. 

My thoughts on a Monday.  Beat Texas.

Hax

thanks for the encouragement!

I've avoided referencing that fact, because I like to think our team is better than needing the Summit League to succeed, but it's very true, and coming up right around the corner!!

Parker228, your prognostication was right on the money!!