Remember my bet

Grizz

How many of you remember my bet when you were all talking about how Valpo and ORU would dominate the Mid-Con. 5 cents said they would not finish 1- 2 and 10 cents that they would not play in the championship game. Many of you laughed at me but now you need to pay up. I 'm guessing I am owed at least 50 cents and the way it is going both Valpo and ORU could be in the same bracket for the tournment. Then I might win a buck!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anything we have learned over the years that Oakland and IUPUI have joined the league, anything can and will happen.

If anything we have learned over the years that Oakland and IUPUI have joined the league, anything can and will happen.

No doubt about that, Grizz. I was talking with a buddy today about the fact that there's far more parity within the league than relative conference records would indicate.

That said, I'm not sure I agree with your assessment about ORU. Right now we sit in sole possession of second place, and a win tonight increases the distance between us and number 3. We're only one game from tying for first. We provided the first place team with their only loss. We're not as dominant as what we'd hoped to be, but we're not exactly down and out, either.

Things can change pretty rapidly in this league. A couple of weeks ago it looked like Valpo would SKATE through the conference and be in strong contention for another trip to the Dance. Now they're trying to figure out how to stop the free fall.

IUPUI is about one injury away from being a middle of the pack team. As long as they stay healthy they're looking mighty good. Both Valpo and ORU have struggled with injuries, and it could happen to IUPUI as well.

So don't count us out just yet, Grizz!

How many of you remember my bet when you were all talking about how Valpo and ORU would dominate the Mid-Con. 5 cents said they would not finish 1- 2 and 10 cents that they would not play in the championship game. Many of you laughed at me but now you need to pay up.

Not only those things, but if the bet has to do with where we finish and playing in the championship game, we shouldn't have to pay up yet!!

I owe .05 cause I said that valpo would be in the top 2. :evil: How stupid of me. I wonder if it would have been that way had there been no injured players. Injuries are apart of the game. Let me know where you're at come Midcon, Grizz. I'll pay my nickel, but i'm not saying sorry!

I think that ORU will be first, I just think that Valpo could be 4 or 5 which would put you in the same bracket and then you could not meet for the championship....I do think it is safe to say that Valpo will not finish second. 5 losses and still have to go to IUPUI, ORU and UMKC. My point on all this was that Valpo picks up some guy who has never played a minute of d-1m ball and all of the sudden they are a sure bet. And yes, after Oakland was picked to win it a few years ago and then played like crap....you just never know.

I get it now - I wasn't following at first. I don't actually remember your bet - it may have been when I was on vacation in November.

Anyway, my point is that there is still almost half of the conference season to go, and all sorts of unexpected things could happen.

Oakland could start hitting on all cylinders and the defending champions could end the season being the team to beat in the tournament. Valpo could get it back together and be as dominating as they were before Kone's suspension.

ORU could figure out how to put together two halves of basketball (they did a pretty good job of that last night). George Hill could stub his big toe, end up on the bench, and IUPUI experience the same sort of free fall that Valpo has gone through the last few games.

You just don't know what's going to happen this early in the conference season.

We've played the first round of games, now let's see how things devlop in the second half of conference play.