Re: 2009 Schedule

Texasgrip

Can one of the admins or mods post the season schedule in notes for quick reference?

Thanks!

Thanks! +1 (not for this, but for years of free/cheap Mazzios while at ORU!)

#Fri, Feb 20  Western Michigan  J.L. Johnson Stadium    3:00 p.m.  9 - 7 (W)

#Sat, Feb 21  Western Michigan  J.L. Johnson Stadium    2:00 p.m.  12 - 3 (W)

#Sun, Feb 22  Western Michigan  J.L. Johnson Stadium    1:00 p.m.  5 - 4 (W) 

#Fri, Feb 27  UTSA  J.L. Johnson Stadium    3:00 p.m.  9 - 5 (W)

#Sat, Feb 28  UTSA  J.L. Johnson Stadium    2:00 p.m.  7 - 2 (W)

#Sun, Mar 01  UTSA  J.L. Johnson Stadium    1:00 p.m.  8 - 11 (L)

Rice Classic 

Fri, Mar 06  Notre Dame  at Houston, Texas    1:00 p.m.  1 - 2 (L)

Sat, Mar 07  Washington State  at Houston, Texas    4:30 p.m.  2 - 1 (W)

Sun, Mar 08  Rice  at Houston, Texas    3:30 p.m.  5 - 3 (W)

Thu, Mar 19  Cal State Fullerton  at Fullerton, Calif.    5:00 p.m. 

Fri, Mar 20  Cal State Fullerton  at Fullerton, Calif.    5:00 p.m. 

Sat, Mar 21  Cal State Fullerton  at Fullerton, Calif.    4:00 p.m. 

Tue, Mar 24  Wichita State  at Wichita, Kan.    7:00 p.m. 

Fri, Mar 27  Missouri State  at Springfield, Mo.    6:30 p.m. 

#Sat, Mar 28  Missouri State  J.L. Johnson Stadium    7:00 p.m. 

#Sun, Mar 29  Missouri State  J.L. Johnson Stadium    1:00 p.m. 

Tue, Mar 31  Texas  at Austin, Texas    6:00 p.m. 

#Fri, Apr 03  IPFW *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    7:00 p.m. 

#Sat, Apr 04  IPFW *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    2:00 p.m. 

#Sat, Apr 04  IPFW *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    TBA 

#Sun, Apr 05  IPFW *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    1:00 p.m. 

Mon, Apr 06  Dallas Baptist  at Dallas, Texas    TBA 

#Tue, Apr 07  UTA  J.L. Johnson Stadium    6:30 p.m. 

#Fri, Apr 10  South Dakota State *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    7:00 p.m. 

#Sat, Apr 11  South Dakota State *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    2:00 p.m. 

#Sat, Apr 11  South Dakota State *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    TBA 

#Sun, Apr 12  South Dakota State *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    1:00 p.m. 

#Tue, Apr 14  UALR  J.L. Johnson Stadium    7:00 p.m. 

#Fri, Apr 17  Centenary *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    7:00 p.m. 

#Sat, Apr 18  Centenary *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    2:00 p.m. 

#Sat, Apr 18  Centenary *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    TBA 

#Sun, Apr 19  Centenary *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    1:00 p.m. 

#Tue, Apr 21  Arkansas  J.L. Johnson Stadium    7:00 p.m. 

Wed, Apr 22  Dallas Baptist  at Dallas, Texas    TBA 

Fri, Apr 24  North Dakota State *  at Fargo, N.D.    6:30 p.m. 

Sat, Apr 25  North Dakota State *  at Fargo, N.D.    1:00 p.m. 

Sat, Apr 25  North Dakota State *  at Fargo, N.D.    4:00 p.m. 

Sun, Apr 26  North Dakota State *  at Fargo, N.D.    1:00 p.m. 

#Wed, Apr 29  Wichita State  J.L. Johnson Stadium    7:00 p.m. 

#Fri, May 01  Southern Utah *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    7:00 p.m. 

#Sat, May 02  Southern Utah *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    2:00 p.m. 

#Sat, May 02  Southern Utah *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    TBA 

#Sun, May 03  Southern Utah *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    1:00 p.m. 

Tue, May 05  Wichita State  at Wichita, Kan.    7:00 p.m. 

Fri, May 08  Oakland *  at Rochester, Mich.    2:00 p.m. 

Sat, May 09  Oakland *  at Rochester, Mich.    11:00 a.m. 

Sat, May 09  Oakland *  at Rochester, Mich.    2:00 p.m. 

Sun, May 10  Oakland *  at Rochester, Mich.    12:00 p.m. 

Tue, May 12  Arkansas  at Fayetteville, Ark.    7:00 p.m. 

Thu, May 14  Western Illinois *  at Macomb, Ill.    3:00 p.m. 

Fri, May 15  Western Illinois *  at Macomb, Ill.    12:00 p.m. 

Fri, May 15  Western Illinois *  at Macomb, Ill.    TBA 

Sat, May 16  Western Illinois *  at Macomb, Ill.    12:00 p.m. 

Summit League Tournament 

Thu, May 21 -

#Sat, May 23  TBA *  J.L. Johnson Stadium    TBA 

* Conference Games

# Home Games 

I couldn't Bold and Teletype at the same time.  I thought it was better to have things lined up than Bolded!

Also, I don't have the ability to pin a thread.  Maybe Dr. C or ORUTerry could do that for us.

Even a sticky link is good...just a quick path for consulting.  It was pretty easy to keep the basketball scheule straight in my head, but baseball's a bit more in-depth!  :-D

Looking at that schedule again, coach did an awesome job in lining up some stellar games.  If we can get through the Texas date winning 5 or 6 of the next 8, I would think that our ranking would soar

Looking at that schedule again, coach did an awesome job in lining up some stellar games.  If we can get through the Texas date winning 5 or 6 of the next 8, I would think that our ranking would soar

It really is a great schedule

Texas is here tonight to play Rice...wish I could slip over for a Texas preview!

If we are now playing DBU in Dallas on Monday, April 6th, I wonder if we are also playing our scheduled Tuesday, April 7th game with Texas -Arlington down in the MetroPlex also,  instead of hurrying back to Tulsa Monday night just to play the one game at Johnson Stadium.

If I were guessing, I'd say no.  We probably play DBU in the afternoon, are done by 6:00, home by midnight.  Guys are ready to play the next day.  We'd want to maintain the home field advantage, if at all possible, I would think.  Wouldn't want to give it away in a situation like that.

But that's just my guess :wink:!!

Copied from Big12hardball.com.  Nice review but can someone verify that his information is correct regarding the home and home with DBU.  That would answer the earlier question about the UTA game and give the team another home game.  Thanks PJ.

Midwest College Baseball Weekly Round-up

Van_gough_the_siesta_tiny by James Quinn on Mar 16, 2009 10:19 AM CDT in Weekly Reviews Comment 2 comments

This was a big weekend for NCAA baseball in the Midwest as conference play got underway for many teams.  Here is what happened in one page or less…

Star-divide

In the Big-12 Texas Tech pulled the biggest surprise by taking their series with Nebraska.  TTU was struggling while Nebraska looked pretty solid.  Texas A&M took two games from Baylor in a battle of ranked teams.  Rain will force the Aggies and Bears to wrap up the series on Monday.  Missouri looked like they might finally have righted their season when Kyle Gibson shutout #1 Texas in the first game of their series, but the Tigers could not close the deal and allowed the Longhorns to rally for wins in the next two games.  So the Big-12 became, if anything, less clear after the first round of conference match-ups.

Two Big-12 teams made a bit of noise outside conference play this week.  Kansas State stayed hot by splitting a midweek series with #7 Arizona State and then taking four from visiting Butler.  The Wildcats improved to 15-3 with a sprinkling of quality wins.  Kansas took round one of its annual battle with Wichita State for Wheat State bragging rights when they shut out the Shockers 8-0 in Lawrence.  KU took one of three weekend games vs. #7 Arizona State in Surprise, AZ.

Wichita State’s loss at Kansas might have marked the exact moment when the team hit bottom.  It was WSU’s fifth loss in a row, something that had never happened before during Gene Stephenson’s 31 years as skipper.  The team recovered nicely over the weekend by taking two of three from visiting #11 Pepperdine.  With Wichita State, Missouri State and Creighton all down this year the Missouri Valley Conference is wide open.  Can the lame duck Northern Iowa team step up and take the crown in what might be its last year of baseball?

One of the most highly anticipated Midwest match-ups this weekend was independent powerhouse Dallas Baptist’s visit to mid-major powerhouse Oral Roberts.  Last year DBU was the first independent team to receive an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament (I think).  Oral Roberts plays in the soft Summit conference but consistently fields a team that competes with anyone.  Sadly the match-up was washed out entirely.  The two teams will now play a home and home, April 6 in Tulsa and April 22 in Dallas.

Congratulations are due to South Dakota State and Chicago State this week.  South Dakota State went 3-2, sweeping a midweek series at Missouri State and then taking one of three at Creighton.  The Jackrabbits head coach is former KU shortstop Ritchie Price.  Price is the oldest son of the Kansas head coach of the same name.  I believe at 24 years Ritchie is the youngest head coach in D-I baseball.  Like many cold weather schools SDS are road warriors, playing their first 19 games on the road.  Chicago State wishes they had South Dakota State’s problems.  The Cougars, perhaps the most neglected team in the NCAA, have only seven home games all year, which they have to play on a rented high school field.  Chicago State got its first win of the year on Sunday when they shut out Ball State 3-0.  William Lawrence went seven innings of two hit baseball for the win.

That makes a lot more sense:  playing DBU on Monday, April 6th, and Texas-Arlington the next night, both in Tulsa. 

Nice little stretch of baseball at JLJ right there!  :-D

Sixteen straight games??  Sweet!  Who needs to do yardwork, anyway!

Actually, I copied and pasted that schedule directly from ORUGoldenEagles.com, so it's straight from the source.  Furthermore, I double-checked the DBU schedule, and it lists home games on both April 6 and April 22.

So, I'm afraid our hopes of gaining a home game with DBU out of last weekend's rainout are misplaced, even though it would make a lot of sense.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...