Next up: Dallas Baptist

ORUTex

Dallas Baptist is 8-3 with losses to Rice and TCU (who is supposed to be pretty good), plus they lost one out of 3 to Binghamton.  I suspect they're a lot better than their 202 RPI.  Boyd's ISR (only ranks teams with 10 games or more) has them at 111 (out of 196 teams with 10 games).  http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/isr/currentisr.html

Interestingly, they play a home game tomorrow (Tuesday), then go to Lubbock for a single game against Tech on Wednesday, before our 3-gamer Thursday through Saturday.  Their pitching may be a bit thin by the end of the weekend.

DBU schedule and results: http://www.d1baseball.com/schools/dallasbapt.htm

I assume that baseball RPI is like basketball RPI, which is pretty meaningless in the early going.  So you're probably right about DBU's RPI.

Interestingly, they play a home game tomorrow (Tuesday), then go to Lubbock for a single game against Tech on Wednesday, before our 3-gamer Thursday through Saturday.  Their pitching may be a bit thin by the end of the weekend.

That should help us! 

I assume that baseball RPI is like basketball RPI, which is pretty meaningless in the early going.  So you're probably right about DBU's RPI.

Yes, I think it's the same calculation (not sure about the home/away adjustment).  But DBU has also played some teams with terrible records.  Binghamton is 1-6, Siena 1-11, and our friends at Oakland are off to a 1-7 start.

I'll have to stay away from this game.  I saw them at Johnson Stadium last year.  It was my first time there in about 10 years and ORU's only home loss of the year.  They could not stop hitting home runs.  But the new scoreboard looked great.

I'll have to catch another home game this year to get on a winning streak.

DBU has a livestats page that includes a video feed from the homeplate camera.  Can't see much detail, but still very cool.  I assume that will be up for our games also.

They are currently beating Central Arkansas (who is 9-3 with a fairly week schedule, including a sweep of our SDSU brethren) 8-3 after 7 innings.

http://www.dbu.edu/athletics/baseball/webcast/

Don't college teams usually try to save their A-list pitching for weekend series?

Don't college teams usually try to save their A-list pitching for weekend series?

Yeah, but teams like DBU take games at places like Texas Tech whenever they can get them.  I suspect they already had today's and this weekend's games scheduled, then squeezed in Tech.

OKC,

Your comment on the Home Run total sparked my interest. I looked up the games from last year.

March 7th, Sullivan lost 5-1  (1 hr )

March 20th, Sullivan won 5-1  ( no hr)

March 21st, Lamontagne, ( 2 hr) Dunn (1 hr) Reneau(1 hr) Serrano (1 hr)and Barnes(1hr)  Lost 19-6

March 22nd, Luna won in relief of Jarman (0 hr)

I'm thinking that you were at the 3rd game.  Sounds like there's plenty of payback due from Lamontagne, Dunn, Serrano and Sullivan.

Dallas Baptist Coach was interviewed by Baseball America on second game with Sullivan vs. Black.  He had great respect for Sullivan and knows that whoever Walton brings to the mound will be a challenge.  He stated that he was amazed that Sullivan was able to throw the change up in any count. I'm betting that he has not forgotten that second game. Lamontagne, is much bettter that last year. I can't wait to see him pitch. There shouldn't be a home run derby this time.  We have a couple of dingers,but give me a hit and run guy any day.  Earl Weavers 3 run homerun philosophy may win the day though.

TheEagleman prediction.....ORU sweeps Dallas Baptist.....it's in the bag!....well, I'll settle for 2 of 3..... 8-)

OKC,

Your comment on the Home Run total sparked my interest. I looked up the games from last year.

March 7th, Sullivan lost 5-1  (1 hr )

March 20th, Sullivan won 5-1  ( no hr)

March 21st, Lamontagne, ( 2 hr) Dunn (1 hr) Reneau(1 hr) Serrano (1 hr)and Barnes(1hr)  Lost 19-6

March 22nd, Luna won in relief of Jarman (0 hr)

I'm thinking that you were at the 3rd game.  Sounds like there's plenty of payback due from Lamontagne, Dunn, Serrano and Sullivan.

Dallas Baptist Coach was interviewed by Baseball America on second game with Sullivan vs. Black.  He had great respect for Sullivan and knows that whoever Walton brings to the mound will be a challenge.  He stated that he was amazed that Sullivan was able to throw the change up in any count. I'm betting that he has not forgotten that second game. Lamontagne, is much bettter that last year. I can't wait to see him pitch. There shouldn't be a home run derby this time.  We have a couple of dingers,but give me a hit and run guy any day.  Earl Weavers 3 run homerun philosophy may win the day though.

It was the March 21 game.  TMH suffered through it as well.  I think there was a strong north wind blowing out to right.

Yeah, that was a bad night.

Maybe I should be banished from the stadium for another 10 years.

On the other hand, ORU is 3-0 in basketball conference tournament games when I attend.

Get out the brooms....TheEagleman feels a sweep comin' on....... 8-):-D

Get out the brooms....TheEagleman feels a sweep comin' on....... 8-):-D

I hope that "feeling" isn't sweepin' the moisture off the tarp!!  These games usually don't get made up once the traveling team leaves.  We could really use getting these three games in this season.