Eagles Regathering Themselves For Conference Tournament (Mike Brown's blog)

Old Titan

EASY DOES IT: ORU coach Scott Sutton put his players through individual drills only Monday, cancelling team practice to give them another day of rest.

“Last week was a long week and I thought it would be good to get some shots up and give them another day off,” Sutton said. “For us to have a chance to win this tournament, we need to play with all the energy we can get. The only way this team plays well is if we play with energy.”

Marcus Lewis said he spent Monday getting over the disappointment of Saturday’s emotional loss to North Dakota State and was ready to move on when the team returned Tuesday to practice.....

Eagles Regathering Themselves For Conference Tournament

I liked this quote from Coach Sutton:  "...we did a poor job of defending their ball screen and such a major part of their offense is how you defend (guard Ben Woodside) off the ball screen. We broke down numerous times, and as a result, we gave up probably – I wouldn’t say uncontested – but probably gave up 10 layups against them."

Did I tell ya, or did I tell ya?  8-)

"Help" defense off the screens is the key to controlling NDSU's offense - take away the drives and turn Woodside into a 3-point shooter, with someone in his face.

Then, just hope he misses enough of 'em...  :|