Big win for the women at WIU

ORUBlue

They re-paid a debt for our men's team. That's my type of work. I like these girls. :lol:

What a huge (and surprising) win, for a team that had been reeling! The rebound margin stats are nothing less than staggering - 30 to 11. Western's 46 game home winning streak is now ZERO! This can be a HUGE springboard for Jerry and the team.

Interestingly, we only played 6 players the entire game, 3 of which played all 40 minutes. Wow.

I don't know if I've ever known a coach like Finkbeiner who has tried such a variety of "game plans." From 40 minutes of full court "trap" defense, to rotating in five players at a time in "shifts," to going with only 6 in this game, not to mention a few other styles of play that I've left out.

To his credit, he generally seems to find a way to work through and around injuries, scout the opponents, and win the big one. Hopefully, he and his staff can work the same magic for three games in March like they did last year!

And 3 of the 6 are freshman.

I don't like only playing 6 players. I feel the same way in the men's games. Minimum Alycia Seay & Rachel Balzer should have gotten some minutes.

Granted the goal is to win and that was achieved, in this game anyway.

Are you sure that there wasn't a reason they didn't play, MrsSmith? Alycia has been a key factor in several games this season, including the WIU game here at home. Rachel Balzer has provided some quality minutes off the bench.

Makes me wonder if there was a reason that they didn't play.

They didn't play much the other night against UMKC (I can't get the game statistics to come up or I'd be more exact). I think it is Jerry's new direction. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm glad to see Coach F. admit that rotating two teams of 5 wasn't working and make an adjustment. Great result & wonderful win!

:D

Wow, that's not just a big win, that's a freaking huge win! Especially after it looked like things were going down the drain for the women. The score makes me think that this game was similar to when these 2 teams met in the Mid-Con semis last year - lots of defense being played.

Congrats to Coach Fink and the ladies for an incredible win!!!