Caleb Fatigued

vcboy2000

After the watching Caleb's performance last night against Centenary, I began to wonder about the effects of having to carry the team under constant double teams have had on him. He just looked drained. With half of the Mid Con season still to go I wonder if he has got anything left in the tank when Tutt comes back to help with the Mid Con race. Larry has really stepped up big in the absence of Tutt. Here are the remaining games we have left on the docket.

@UMKC*

FEBRUARY

2 Southern Utah*

4 Chicago State*

9 @Oakland*

11 @IUPUI*

16 UMKC*

18 @ESPN Bracket Buster

23 @Centenary*

25 Valparaiso

Caleb has been doing what he's doing for the past three seasons, but for some reason teams seem to be keying on him more than any time I can remember - probably because Ken has been out and they feel safer collapsing in on him than in the past. So, in my opinion, Caleb has been having to fight through more in the way of defense than in the past.

In addition to that, they have obviously been working with him to not try to do it all himself - he's been very unselfish in regards to kicking the ball back out to the open man rather than try to force the shot. Trying to force what's not there is a large part of the reason for his high turnover rate. By getting rid of the ball he's able to reduce his turnovers and push up his assist numbers. But it takes unselfishness on his part to do this, and I think that that is part of the reason for his reduction in scoring.

But this may not even be what you were talking about, vcb. Maybe you thought he just looked tired, and you may be right. All I know is that when he came off the floor after the intentional foul, there was a fire in his eye that hadn't been there till that part of the game. Somehow that got the adrenaline flowing in Caleb, and it was the Caleb show after that!

I really thought that Green was sick or something because he just wasn't himself. He did look tired and worn out. I thought the coach did a nice job of leaving him on the bench. Yet, they could have deployed that nice zone sooner in my opinion. :wink: