Name your starting 5

ORUBlue

Since we are fans and this is what we do, we are never satisfied with what going on.

So just for fun how about this line up. My idea of a zone buster.

Larry Owens- Point Guard

Chris Riouse 2 guard

Moses Ehambe 3 spot

Marchello Vealy 4 spot

Caleb Green 5 spt

pg - Bluitt (should start but fowlkes needs 25 minutes at point)

2 g - Riouse

3 g/f - Yemi or Moses

4 f - Owens

5 - f - Green

G - Fowlkes

G - Riouse

F - Owens

F - Vealy

F - Green

I think that this would be a great defensive lineup and could easily match up against other athletic teams like IUPUI. If we faced a big guy like a Carlton Aaron or Kevin Bookout we would need to insert Mickey to knock him around.

Guest EagleBackr

Point Guard - Owens. Hasn't had a man guard him yet that could stop him in the backcourt.

Shooting Guard - Owens. For defensive purposes on the other team's shooting guard, and for his steadily improving 3-point shot. Remember earlier in the season when he couldn't hit the ocean from a rowboat?

Small Forward - Owens. Slashing from the wing, he's been our most effective offensive weapon the last few games.

Power Forward - Owens. Rebounding, blocked shots, plays well with his back to the basket, unselfish passer - what else do you want?

Post - Green. He's not too shabby. Plus, someone has to inbound the ball to Larry.

DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CLONING??

Your buddy rlh predicted before the season started that Larry Owens would be our best player this season.

It's great you guys are seeing eye to eye on yet another thing, EB.

It's probably not too late to get that lunch date scheduled!!!

DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CLONING??

We could ask the South Koreans...

After watching most of the game the other night I will have to go with ORU Blue and his starting five. I would love to see them play more together. That is my take. :lol:

All Time?

G - Haywoode Workman

G - Greg Sutton

G - Richard Fuqua

F - Anthony Roberts

F - Mark Acres

With Trickey running the fun & gun and Fuqua bombs counting for 3, this team could average 120 points!

All Time?

G - Haywoode Workman

G - Greg Sutton

G - Richard Fuqua

F - Anthony Roberts

F - Mark Acres

With Trickey running the fun & gun and Fuqua bombs counting for 3, this team could average 120 points!

All Sutton did was jack 3's and occasionally hit one. When we played pick-up ball at the AC we'd yell "Sutton!" everytime we attempted a 3-pointer.

I would take Gary "Cat" Johnson over Sutton...that dude was quick!

The part of Sutton's game I didn't like was the way his shot looked. It was flat, like a laser from his hand to the hoop. It was either going in or clanging 20 ft. away from the rim. Maybe a little more arc and he'd get a friendly bounce, but if I were to replace Sutton I'd pick Tim Gill, nobody could drive the baseline, or beat Arkansas, like Tim Gill.

Yeah, Gill was good. Maybe my recollection of "Cat" is a little hazy...after all, I was probably only about 10 years old. But I definitely remember that he was a crowdpleaser!

Grip:

I'm sure you also enjoyed the starting five that was:

Calvin Garrett

Robert Griffin

Antonio Martin

Ricky Baskin and of course

Gary "Cat" Johnson

That was a very under rated team. Won the conference and with a few breaks might have made some noise in the NCAA. Probation prevented that from happening.

Rob

Grip:

I'm sure you also enjoyed the starting five that was:

Calvin Garrett

Robert Griffin

Antonio Martin

Ricky Baskin and of course

Gary "Cat" Johnson

That was a very under rated team. Won the conference and with a few breaks might have made some noise in the NCAA. Probation prevented that from happening.

Rob

I remember Garrett and Johnson of course...I only remember the name Antonio Martin, mostly due to lady with big hair who sat behind us and yelled incessantly, "Hey, hey, hey, take it away!" and, "Let's go Antonio." She was the original mainac! She never gave the refs a break!