USA Today story

89rabbit

Thought you guys might like to read this story from USA Today about one of our players:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/womensbasketball/2009-02-24-warkenthien-south-dakota-state_N.htm

sdstate-topper.jpg

S.D. State star finds strength after her devastating losses

By Mel Antonen, USA TODAY

BROOKINGS, S.D. — Jenn Warkenthien's dream of playing basketball at South Dakota State was shaped at a small-town garage sale. As a grade-schooler, she paid 25 cents for a pair of blue mesh workout shorts.

"Most of all, I liked that they were SDSU shorts and that they had 'South Dakota State' in gold lettering," Warkenthien says. "I still use them. The shorts are awesome. They mean everything to me."

Now, Warkenthien (pronounced Work-en-teen) is the center of a story that has gripped basketball fans on the frozen prairie of eastern South Dakota. She has endured the death of both parents and is leading the Jackrabbits in a season for the ages, one that could culminate in their first appearance in the NCAA Division I women's tournament.  .  .  .  (read more)

Jenn is a wonderful person, she has babysat my children. 

Great story, 89rabbit!  It's a great illustration of the good side of sports.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

saw and read the story excellent! i root for oru but if your ladies win the tourney(a good chance) ill be rooting for them to do some damage in the tourney