ORU/SUU

tmh8286

Anyone else listen to the women's game this evening?  I tuned in in the second half, and the lady Golden Eagles seemed to have things in control with a ten point lead, but the T-birds made a run and actually took the lead late.  Because of the poor reception of 1550 (OU/KU on 97.1) and no clock or score on the video stream, I couldn't tell how much time was left, but I think SUU was up by four with a few seconds left in the game. 

Somehow ORU managed to tie it up, though, and put the game into OT. 

ORU led for most of the OT, I think, but only by a point or two.  With a one point lead with eleven seconds Janae Voelker drained two free throws, giving ORU a three point lead.  But SUU inbounded the ball, took it the length of the court and banked in a trey with about nine seconds left.  ORU inbounded the ball to Camargo, who dribbled the length of the court, curled around along the baseline and made a reverse layup in a spectacular play to give ORU a two point lead with about four seconds left. 

SUU went the length of the court again, and put up another trey very similar to the previous one that tied the game game, but this time came up empty, time expired, and ORU came away with the win.  Very exciting conclusion to the game. 

Does anyone know who called the game on the radio broadcast?  I thought Geoff was supposed to do it, but it was someone else - and I didn't recognize the name. 

dont know the answers to your questions just wanted to comment that the ladies are now tied for the dreaded 8 th spot (think SD st) with ipfw s utah is one game back and plays at ipfw on sat umkc is one up on us and is at oak on sat oru swept s utah and umkc so there's alot of seeding questions to be answered

2 big road wins in a row for the ORU ladies have put them one win away from clinching a spot in Sioux Falls....at least if we get there...you never know what could happen.....go blue!.... :-)

Beating NDSU on Saturday would be a big step toward solidifying their tournament hopes.  It's great news that SUU and IPFW are playing each other because that could effectively knock out one of those teams.  With UMKC playing at Oakland on Saturday (probably an Oakland win), the door is still open for ORU to get the 6th seed, which would be a much easier road than an 8-seed or a 7-seed.  Oakland is a tough team to beat and SDSU would be even tougher (1st-round opponents for an 8-seed and 7-seed).