ORU: Three Questions with Ken Holdman - Tulsa World (2-23-2009)

ORUTerry

ORU: Three Questions with Ken Holdman 

(excerpt)

By MIKE BROWN World Sports Writer

2/23/2009

Last Modified: 2/23/2009  4:17 AM

Position: Guard

Class: Freshman

Height: 6-1

Weight: 175

Being from East Central High School, what's the best thing about getting to play college basketball in your hometown?

I like it a lot because I get to have my family come and support me, and a lot of other fans come to see me play.

Has the transition from high school to college been tough?

At times it is. I've adjusted, but not fully adjusted to it. I think I need to work on my offense a little more. You have to play hard 100 percent of the time, not only in the games but in practice. In my high school, I didn't have to work that much. I went to the games, and when we got to the fourth quarter, they had to give me the ball.

Do you have a favorite sports movie?

"Love and Basketball," because it's similar to my life, as far as making the transition from high school to college and sticking with it the rest of my life.

The breakdown

Looking back

Two blowout wins kept ORU in the hunt for the regular-season Summit League title. Robert Jarvis had 22 points, hitting six 3-pointers, in Saturday's 93-62 win at UMKC. Marcus Lewis had 16 points and nine rebounds in Thursday's 64-46 win at Southern Utah. In each game, ORU won by its widest margin ever on the opponent's floor. The Eagles posted a season-high point total at UMKC and held Southern Utah to a season low......

Link to Tulsa World Sports Extra