Players return as fans

orumom

After the game tonight it was nice to see Ralph Charles, Schyler Thomas, Matt Gastel, Josh A and Jay Henderson visiting with people. Before the game Fuqua was visiting with some boosters.

Remember when we used to talk about how nice it would be to keep the players' involved after they graduate? Well, it is nice. :) and winning was nice too. :D

Guest Rob Marshall
After the game tonight it was nice to see Ralph Charles, Schyler Thomas, Matt Gastel, Josh A and Jay Henderson visiting with people. Before the game Fuqua was visiting with some boosters.

Remember when we used to talk about how nice it would be to keep the players' involved after they graduate? Well, it is nice. :) and winning was nice too. :D

You missed one (1) though mom, I invited Steve Bontrager as my guest again and he came late (half way through the first half) but he was there too. Steve truly loves ORU basketball and he needs ORU and ORU needs Steve. I realize that may not be the most popular thing to say, but it's true and that's why between MP and me Steve's always invited to the Mabee Center.

Rob, I'm not aware of anyone on the board that has a problem with Steve. His color comments on the radio broadcasts and TV were the best ever. I'd LOVE for him to be offered to do that again.

In many ways I think you're right - Steve and ORU are almost inseparable. I wish/hope that Steve can get his differences with ORU ironed out, and we will see him sitting over on press row every game again.

I have a faint recollection of watching Bontrager make three free throws in a row while blindfolded when he was playing for us...it was on his B-day or something...

...Oldtimer?

You missed one (1) though mom, I invited Steve Bontrager as my guest again and he came late (half way through the first half) but he was there too. Steve truly loves ORU basketball and he needs ORU and ORU needs Steve. I realize that may not be the most popular thing to say, but it's true and that's why between MP and me Steve's always invited to the Mabee Center.

I miss Steve on the Radio so i say ORU he that is without sin throw the first stone.

Let's put all of this behind us and get Steve back on the Radio!