ORU's Mt Rushmore

ORUalum

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=216&articleid=20090206_216_B2_BoeWsi997176

so the tulsa world is taking a cue from espn and asking who would be on the city of tulsa's Mt Rushmore.  i thought a discussion of an ORU Mt Rushmore would be fun.

i'll get the ball rolling:

richard fuqua

mike moore

bill glasson

andretti bain

hard to go against orualum's pck all 4 were big on a national stage at the time anyways here's my 4

trickey

a roberts

m moore

j dial

there probably needs to be a female athlete included.  i just couldn't think of who it should be.  also you guys are right either OR or Trickey should be included for getting everything started and putting ORU on the map.

Athletic Mt. Rushmore:

Richard Fuqua

Mike Moore

Joe Rassett

Andretti Bain

Coaches Mt. Rushmore:

Ken Trickey

Larry Cochell

Joe Dial

Scott Sutton

University Mt. Rushmore

Oral Roberts

Evelyn Roberts

Jim Buskirk

Mart Green

Unsung Athletic Dept. Heroes Mt. Rushmore

Glenn Smith

Bernis Duke

Lavoy Hatchett

Terry Unruh

The problem with this whole exercise has been that it's almost impossible to select only four that are head and shoulders above the rest.  At one point I was going to suggest that it be extended to six, but even that didn't work very well, in my mind.

OT's solution to the delimma is brilliant.  Multiple Rushmores. Solves all problems.

Glenn Smith

Bernis Duke

Lavoy Hatchett

Terry Unruh

love the Mr. Unruh reference he and Mr. Gregg would definitely go on the Mt Rushmore of ORU professors.  by far the two best instructors during my time on campus.

Terry Unruh is a former ORU baseball player and serves as the NCAA Faculty Athletic Representative for ORU.  I've never had him as a teacher except for one class that he filled in for Mr. Gregg.  Those two guys really seem to be what ORU is all about, and they are great teachers.  You can tell that they are doing what is in their heart.

Athletic Mt. Rushmore:

Richard Fuqua

Mike Moore

Joe Rassett

Andretti Bain

Coaches Mt. Rushmore:

Ken Trickey

Larry Cochell

Joe Dial

Scott Sutton

University Mt. Rushmore

Oral Roberts

Evelyn Roberts

Jim Buskirk

Mart Green

Glenn Smith

Bernis Duke

Lavoy Hatchett

Terry Unruh

Impressive list, OT... but I think the University list is incomplete without Bob Stamps - and the Unsung heroes Rushmore would need a fifth face with an asterisk - Jim Brewer - not a long tenure, but very impactful.

Impressive list, OT... but I think the University list is incomplete without Bob Stamps - and the Unsung heroes Rushmore would need a fifth face with an asterisk - Jim Brewer - not a long tenure, but very impactful.

I second the Bob Stamps nomination.

He helped me integrate my homegrown faith in the Lord with the charismatic renewal in a scholarly and devotional way.

Thanks Brother Bob!