Did ORU Snitch?

ValpoRick

Did anyone at ORU ask the NCAA to check into the Kone situation? I'm not accusing but it has crossed the minds of a few Valpo fans including myself. I doubt that anyone from ORU would do such a thing but I know that by asking someone who is a Christian a question and if they know the truth, they will be honest and tell the truth. So I'm asking, do you (anyone who is aware of this question being asked) know if ORU or someone affiliated with ORU or a fan of ORU or someone you know who hates Valpo has asked the NCAA to check into a possible violation of NCAA rules regarding the Valpo center Kone?

I won't even go into the sin of omission.

You're kidding, right? My first thought was to not dignify the insinuation with a response, but then I figured, surely you're kidding. Even if you're NOT, which would be hard to believe, how would a bunch of know-nothing fans on a message board be able to answer that question?

You're barking up the wrong tree here, Rick.

Did anyone at ORU ask the NCAA to check into the Kone situation? I'm not accusing but it has crossed the minds of a few Valpo fans including myself. I doubt that anyone from ORU would do such a thing but I know that by asking someone who is a Christian a question and if they know the truth, they will be honest and tell the truth. So I'm asking, do you (anyone who is aware of this question being asked) know if ORU or someone affiliated with ORU or a fan of ORU or someone you know who hates Valpo has asked the NCAA to check into a possible violation of NCAA rules regarding the Valpo center Kone?

I won't even go into the sin of omission.

Could care less about Kone, hope he's back soon. We have our own problems.

We have more than enough problems trying to figure how to get our players to play with some intensity and focus. Kone was not on anyone's radar screen....

I suspect that Kone is caught up in the NCAA investigation of the Baylor program. Anything even remotely affiliated with Baylor is going to get a review. I doubt anyone made a phone call.... it (investigation) just happened.

We have more than enough problems trying to figure how to get our players to play with some intensity and focus.

Send Sutton and maybe even the team to a hypnotist.

Have the hypnotist convince Sutton that he is playing Tulsa every game until April.

ORU will then end the regular season undefeated, win the MidCon, and make to the Final Four where they will lose to Duke.

Did anyone at ORU ask the NCAA to check into the Kone situation?

I was planning on waiting until just before the Mid-Con tournament to notify the NCAA about Kone, but that plan has now been ruined.

I know nothing about the situation, but I have to ask, If someone reports someone else for cheating, is the person who "snitched" in the wrong? Of course not. If a program breaks the rules it's their own fault, not the guy who blew the whistle!

Only Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton would disagree. Shouldn't we take responsibility for our actions regardless of how or why we got caught?

I'm an Alabama fan, (when they're not playing an ORU team). Even if Phil Fulmer is behind the Alabama probation, I can't be mad at him...Bama broke the rules not Fat Phil.

It would be just like a liberal democrat to be more concerned with "who snitched" rather than dealing with the one who broke the rules.

Who cares who snitched! In fact, I'm glad someone did. If Valpo is innocent, nobody hurt. If they are guilty of breeaking the rules, they deserve to suffer the consequences.

Just my opinion.

Rob C.

We have more than enough problems trying to figure how to get our players to play with some intensity and focus. Kone was not on anyone's radar screen....

I suspect that Kone is caught up in the NCAA investigation of the Baylor program. Anything even remotely affiliated with Baylor is going to get a review. I doubt anyone made a phone call.... it (investigation) just happened.

It also seems like the kind of thing that could easily backfire anyway, needlessly putting a chip on Kone's shoulder in time for Feb. 26th.

It really is not all that likely that any Midcon coach prompted this. Your guess about Baylor is more likely, I would think.

I know nothing about the situation, but I have to ask, If someone reports someone else for cheating, is the person who "snitched" in the wrong? Of course not. If a program breaks the rules it's their own fault, not the guy who blew the whistle!

Only Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton would disagree. Shouldn't we take responsibility for our actions regardless of how or why we got caught?

I'm an Alabama fan, (when they're not playing an ORU team). Even if Phil Fulmer is behind the Alabama probation, I can't be mad at him...Bama broke the rules not Fat Phil.

It would be just like a liberal democrat to be more concerned with "who snitched" rather than dealing with the one who broke the rules.

Who cares who snitched! In fact, I'm glad someone did. If Valpo is innocent, nobody hurt. If they are guilty of breeaking the rules, they deserve to suffer the consequences.

Just my opinion.

Rob C.

I agree that if Kone or Valpo did something wrong that they should be punished appropriately. And that it really shouldn't matter who squealed. My question however remains. I just want to know the truth. What prompted the investigation? I'm not accusing but am skeptical. One can be skeptical while not making an accusation. Until, if ever, I know the truth, I remain skeptical. It could just be the normal backlog of examining foreign students or it could be something else. If ORU didn't have anything to do with it, good for them! And, there is a difference between telling someone what you know to be true and going on a fishing trip hoping that something will turn out to be true.

The part that bothers me is the NCAA's policy of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent".....Now that Mo has been cleared, someone earlier said "nobody hurt" and that is a crock. Valpo WAS hurt...they lost two games...

Now that he is cleared, hopefully we can get back to winning ways and make the Mid-Con race exciting...

I agree that if Kone or Valpo did something wrong that they should be punished appropriately. And that it really shouldn't matter who squealed. My question however remains. I just want to know the truth. What prompted the investigation? I'm not accusing but am skeptical. One can be skeptical while not making an accusation. Until, if ever, I know the truth, I remain skeptical. It could just be the normal backlog of examining foreign students or it could be something else. If ORU didn't have anything to do with it, good for them! And, there is a difference between telling someone what you know to be true and going on fishing trip hoping that something will turn out to be true.

I'm just wondering if ValpoRick has accused every other message board in the MidCon. Surely Valpo fans are not so arrogant that they think ORU is the only one in the MidCon with a dislike for their program.

Frankly i am amazed this is even a message board topic. We are just fans and do no not what going on 99% of the time.

?????

Since it never even crossed our minds, because we have our own problems to take care of, perhaps we should look at who asked the question. Does it appear that if the shoe were on the other foot you might have done it?

This may be opening a can of worms, but in life I have found people who suspect others do so because they themselves are worthy of suspicion.

?????

Since it never even crossed our minds, because we have our own problems to take care of, perhaps we should look at who asked the question. Does it appear that if the shoe were on the other foot you might have done it?

This may be opening a can of worms, but in life I have found people who suspect others do so because they themselves are worthy of suspicion.

So you are supicious of me?

Guest Rob Marshall

Rick, it's probably more likely someone much closer to the situation blew the whistle than someone at ORU where they wouldn't have access to such confidential and inside information, right?

The only ORU fan I know with that much "inside" info would be Mr. Rob Marshall. In fact, he could be getting ready to blow the whistle on several other schools. All rivals of TU, Kansas, Texas Tech, IU, and ESPECIALLY Missouri State should beware! :P

Rob