ORU names new president

MrsSmith

From Channel 2 website:

ORU names new president

Last Update: 12:46 pm 

Oral Roberts University's Board of Trustees has voted to name Dr. Mark Rutland the next president.

Rutland had been the president of Southeastern University in Florida.

He replaces Richard Roberts, who resigned after a financial scandal at the school.

Dr. Rutland and Board of Trustees Chairman Mart Green will make statements during a news conference Wednesday afternoon.

It is a new day at ORU....

It is incredible to think where ORU was 15 months ago and where are - and will be - now.

A BIG round of applause for Chairman Green, The entire Board of Trustees, the Selection Committee, Dingman, and everyone else involved in the selection process. Dr. Rutland is a phenominal hire for ORU. This was another HUGE step towards stepping into a new era for ORU. I'm looking forward to hearing more about Dr. Rutland, and discovering what's in his heart for the future of our university in the days ahead!

does anyone know if he will be staying in town to address the school at chapel on friday?  i might try tune in via the web if he is.  i'm anxious to hear about his vision for ORU.

I would imagine that he could have the opportunity to speak to the student body on chapel on Friday.  The faculty and staff have been invited to have lunch with him at the Mabee Center Mezzanine on Thursday afternoon.

I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to hear him speak at Homecoming (Feb. 13 & 14).

does anyone know if he will be staying in town to address the school at chapel on friday?  i might try tune in via the web if he is.  i'm anxious to hear about his vision for ORU.

Just returned from faculty dinner with new president.  Wow!!!  Must say EVERYONE was very impressed and pleased. 

Grapevine says "yes,"  he is speaking in chapel on Friday.  Bet you'll be impressed, too.

Incredible!!

I'm impressed with the press conference audio clip.  I'll try to share some thoughts after the luncheon today at 12:30.

oru senior08 thanks for the link for everyone else i actually bought the paper not knowing about the front page news

There aren't a lot of specific details I'll share from the luncheon yesterday, but I walked away very impressed with Dr. Rutland.  He seems like a great person with a quality sense of humor.  He made a point to the audience that he understands how important everyone is on campus, and that he will not take us for granted.  It sounds simple, but it's refreshing to hear at ORU.

He says he would like to be here before July 1, but it just may not be possible.  He needs to study our organization to understand the good and the bad, and he also wants to understand the organizational tree of ORU.

I think he is very professional.  He made it obvious that he thinks things out.

Overall... very respectable hire in my opinion.

Alumni should make it in town for Homecoming this year.  This was THE most important hiring in school history.  Time will tell whether or not it was a good hire, but the outlook is good.

I'd love to see someone sneak in a question about athletics to him.

Hopefully if we can pack out the Mabee for the homecoming game, it'll show D.Rut how important athletics are to us.

I did hear him say that he's a sports guy on the KTUL interview....

I did hear him say that he's a sports guy on the KTUL interview....

He said that at the luncheon yesterday too... I believe he said he was a quarterback in college.

He played football for Maryland? That would be great - and tell us a lot about his thinking towards athletics. It would also explain his sports management undergraduate degree.

I'm just glad to know he has the hair for the job!

+1  made me laugh out loud.