Oakland at ORU - Tulsa World (1-10-2009)

ORUTerry

Oakland at ORU

By LYNN JACOBSEN, World sports writer

1/10/2009

Last Modified: 1/10/2009  2:52 AM

(excerpt)

Game notes: Oral Roberts looks to even its Summit League record at 2-2 with a win on Saturday. Winners of three of their past four games, the Golden Eagles are second in the league in scoring at 70.2 points per game.

Oakland brings a three-game win streak and is tied for first in the league standings at 3-1. The Golden Grizzlies are coming off an impressive 67-51 win over No. 21 South Dakota State on Monday.

Jessica Pike is averaging a team-best 15.2 points for Oakland followed by Melissa Jeltema and Brittany Canargo at 13.7 and 10.3, respectively.............

Link to Tulsa World Sports Extra

I know this is a BIG game to the ladies.  As MrsSmith said, as many as can need to get out and show support for them.  They work VERY hard, and I find their games to be very entertaining.  Unfortunately, I've got a conflict with my boys' games this afternoon, or I'd try to be there to root on the Lady Golden Eagles.

23-19 oakland with 2 min to go to the half voelker with 10 gonna need camargo to step it up she's got 0

oakland 62-48 final jones 16 voelker 14 oru was 15-66 22.7% from the field not gonna win many games with that kind of shooting

Very tough game for the Ladies this afternoon.  They could not get their shots to go down from anywhere (in the paint or from the arc) during the first 10 minutes of the second half.  OU was very good this afternoon and was the more physical team.  The officials allowed both teams to play most of the game (calling only 6 - 8 total fouls in the first half alone).  Regardless, we need to take care of the home floor and we didn't accomplish this goal today.  Hopefully we can steal it back on the OU court in February just like we did last season.