Put Oakland loss to bed?

praetorfenix86

I don't think that we can put the Oakland loss to bed until Oakland is clearly the best team in the conference and we have a losing record and we somehow keep them out of the tournament on a miracle shot. Of course, I don't think Oakland will ever be that good in my lifetime so I'm not sure if we will ever be able to put last year's mid-con tourney loss to bed. If we make the tournament this year it sure would help though.

Nice Post Jack@@@. Oakland in it's six years in the Mid-Con has an outright regular season championship, and a Tournament championship (with an NCAA tournament bid.) Plus two second place finishes. Before you make a post like that maybe your team should do a little bit more.

A lil bit more than the Grizzlies? Are you kidding me? That's next to impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did like the Pierre Dukes quote where he said that God helped him make that last second three. It's funny that someone playing against ORU would say that God helped them. I'm not saying that God is always on ORU's basketball team's side, but someone besides ORU saying that is funny.

Do you have to go to ORU to be a Christian, to believe that God has his hand on your life, and is in control?

Personally I thought it was pretty cool that he said that. I believe God IS in control, sometimes more than we realize. In his own way Dukes was giving God credit for the good in his life. ORU fans certainly have no corner on the market when it comes to giving God glory.