USC's Marcus Johnson cleared to play

ORUalum

USC's Marcus Johnson cleared to play -- but Leonard Washington is out

USC forward Marcus Johnson has been cleared to play against Oral Roberts on Sunday. Johnson, a senior transfer from Connecticut, needed to wait until his first-semester grades were posted.

But while the Trojans got a little deeper on the perimeter, they saw their inside depth thin out as a high ankle sprain sidelined power forward Leonard Washington for two to four weeks. Washington was injured Monday against Georgia Tech. Keith Wilkinson, Nikola Vucevic and Mamadou Diarra are expected to split Washington's playing time.

-- Chris Foster

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2008/12/uscs-johnson-cl.html

USC's Marcus Johnson cleared to play -- but Leonard Washington is out

USC forward Marcus Johnson has been cleared to play against Oral Roberts on Sunday. Johnson, a senior transfer from Connecticut, needed to wait until his first-semester grades were posted.

But while the Trojans got a little deeper on the perimeter, they saw their inside depth thin out as a high ankle sprain sidelined power forward Leonard Washington for two to four weeks. Washington was injured Monday against Georgia Tech. Keith Wilkinson, Nikola Vucevic and Mamadou Diarra are expected to split Washington's playing time.

-- Chris Foster

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2008/12/uscs-johnson-cl.html

Good news for Ford and Lewis that Washington is out!  They won't have to be as concerned about getting dinked on their doink as Washington runs by them!!  :-D

Anybody think we have a chance to win this game?...TheEagleman is thinking this one belongs to ORU.....we have lost so many tough ones and are due for an upset...why not in sunny So. California?...how about something like....ORU 74....USC 69...... :-D

Unfortunately, I'm not as optimistic as you, E-man!  I don't think that we have done well in the first game when the team has gone home for the break.  It will be interesting to see if anyone decides to take an "extended" break (sometimes we get surprises when players go home between games).  If we can keep the game within single digits, I think that we'll be showing progress towards preparing for our conference schedule. 

I expect the Men to be 1 - 1 in the upcoming week; while the Women will go 2 - 0.

Anybody think we have a chance to win this game?...TheEagleman is thinking this one belongs to ORU.....we have lost so many tough ones and are due for an upset...why not in sunny So. California?...how about something like....ORU 74....USC 69...... :-D

I'm with you EagleMan. I think we're overdue and I would love to see Lewis get a win against his home town favorite team. 

TheEagleman agrees that Bogus makes some good points....always tough for young kids to return from Christmas vacation and get back into a basketball mode especially having to make a long plane trip west over 2 time zones....USC has some of the same issues but they enjoy the comforts of home....TheEagleman just has an inner feeling that Lewis and Ford come up big today and Jarvis bangs in a few long range 3's....add a little Stokes and DoMo and I smell a win....of course, that inner feeling could also be acid reflux caused by the chicken parm enjoyed by TheEagleman last night at a fine Italian restaurant....but I think not.....ORU wins this afternoon by 5.....TheEagleman will be out until this evening so he will expect a full report upon return...... 8-)