ORU's New Trustee, Douglas E. Fears, executive VP and CFO of Helmerich & Payne

Mike Minyard

ORU Adds New Trustee

Wed., Dec. 17, 2008

Oral Roberts University completes its Board of Trustees with the addition of its 22nd member

The Oral Roberts University Board of Trustees recently added a new member, Douglas E. Fears, executive vice president and CFO of Helmerich & Payne, Inc. The addition of Fears makes for a full board at 22 members.

Fears joined Helmerich & Payne, Inc., a NYSE-listed, Tulsa-based contract drilling company in 1986 as an internal auditor and has been CFO since 1988. In addition, Fears is co-founder and president of Joseph’s Storehouse, a nonprofit evangelistic and benevolent organization. He also co-founded Stand in the Gap, a nonprofit organization that trains churches to equip their members to help needy individuals experience significant long-term life change.

shownewsphotos.php?id2=1385

ORU Adds New Trustee

Wed., Dec. 17, 2008

Oral Roberts University completes its Board of Trustees with the addition of its 22nd member

The Oral Roberts University Board of Trustees recently added a new member, Douglas E. Fears, executive vice president and CFO of Helmerich & Payne, Inc. The addition of Fears makes for a full board at 22 members.

Fears joined Helmerich & Payne, Inc., a NYSE-listed, Tulsa-based contract drilling company in 1986 as an internal auditor and has been CFO since 1988. In addition, Fears is co-founder and president of Joseph’s Storehouse, a nonprofit evangelistic and benevolent organization. He also co-founded Stand in the Gap, a nonprofit organization that trains churches to equip their members to help needy individuals experience significant long-term life change.

Doug is a good friend of mine (and several others on the board) and is an EXCELLENT choice for the Board of Trustees.  His appointment as a Trustee in my mind provides great credibility to what is taking place at ORU, and gives me confidence that things are moving forward.

I have known Doug and his family for a number of years and he is an excellent addition to the Board of Trustees. This is a very good appointment.

I'm very impressed with what is being done at ORU.  Who would have thought 14 months ago that we would be where we are now.  I know we have a long way to go to get where we need to be, but it is very encouraging.  We'll have our bumps along the way, no doubt.

I think it is exciting to see how we will have a chance to scratch and claw our way into being one of the best Christian schools in the world.

It's going to take time for our alumni to heal.  A lot of hurt people out there right now.  But time does a lot to change things.