Larry comes through again!

TrueBlue82

Did anyone notice the similarities in the box score between tonight's game and Saturday's win over IUPUI? Our three leading scorers each night:

Larry 21-21

Caleb 18-17

JB 15-12

These guys are stepping up to fill Ken's shoes! (although I doubt he's wearing shoes right now)

Guest Rob Marshall

Also from the stats sheet, we MADE as many FTs (17) as Oakland ATTEMPTED (17) tonight. Nice job Caleb Green.

Bluitt played a solid game again ... in 23 min, he posted 12 points (4-7 on 3FGs), 3 assists, 3 rebounds and ZERO turnovers! Way to go JB!!! (See I'm becoming a fan!!!) :wink:

Left at halftime to take my wife out to dinner, so didn't get to watch the second half where apparently Oakland shot it real well from the field to keep the score respectable (14-25 for 56%).

For those that were there for the duration, did our defense go into "soft" mode again after the half?

Oakland (Wooten) got a couple of cheap buckets right at the end of the game, but here is my interpretation of their scoring in the second half, pretty much all of which was from Wooten and Hopes: Hopes tries to take it inside and is stopped cold by either Mickey or a double-team. Instead he takes a 5-8 foot jumper and NEVER MISSES. Our defense shuts down everyone else except Wooten, who shoots threes from 4 ft.+ outside the arc, and RARELY misses.

The shooting of those two alone, however, was not enough to get them over the hump. Both of them are pretty good players - Wooten was smaller than I expected, though - but, as I'm sure you noticed, Rob, their talent pool drops off pretty rapidly after that.