Revenge a Factor Tonight?

tmh8286

I'm curious what others think - will revenge for last year's Mid-Con Tournament Championship loss be a motivating factor for the team tonight, or will they come out and play hard in the same way that they might in a game with UMKC, Centenary, or one of the other Mid-Con teams?

Personally, while I have a little revenge bug running around in the back of my mind, I'd rather see us go out and play solid, up-tempo, energetic but not revengeful basketball tonight, putting together two halves of well played basketball. There's more to be gained by playing smart and hard and not letting revenge be a factor tonight.

The way Oakland has been playing, if we can do that, we will not have a problem beating them.

Different season, different team..... hard to get motivated by revenge. Just play hard and focused. I am more concerned about Carl Wooten. We seem to have a habit of allowing good shooters to have career nights against us in the Mabee Center.

I'm curious what others think - will revenge for last year's Mid-Con Tournament Championship loss be a motivating factor for the team tonight, or will they come out and play hard in the same way that they might in a game with UMKC, Centenary, or one of the other Mid-Con teams?

Personally, while I have a little revenge bug running around in the back of my mind, I'd rather see us go out and play solid, up-tempo, energetic but not revengeful basketball tonight, putting together two halves of well played basketball. There's more to be gained by playing smart and hard and not letting revenge be a factor tonight.

The way Oakland has been playing, if we can do that, we will not have a problem beating them.

We have a revenge game tonight as well at Chicago State. One of our few losses to them came at tourney time last year and that by blowing a big lead. :evil:

My wife was working out at Marriott Southern Hills (she gets free use of

pool an workout room) when Channel 2 aired there story on Coach

Finkbeiner's 3 generations of coaching. Four or five Oakland players

were in the workout room and in her words the players said " Man were

going to smash ORU tonight" Must have been a few ignorant freshmen

cause they got no chance. ORU by 15.

Revenge should definately be a factor for the crowd tonight! I know many of the Maniacs are really pumped up about this game because of last year. I hope the crowd really gets into this game, maybe they'll show some passion!!!

Revenge should definately be a factor for the crowd tonight! I know many of the Maniacs are really pumped up about this game because of last year. I hope the crowd really gets into this game, maybe they'll show some passion!!!

Your crowd needs to be louder and crazier than any ORU crowd has ever been.

Smash those fockers into tiny bits.

Revenge should not be the motivating factor tonight - beating a marginal team in a conference game and protecting our home court should be. If the players use the revenge angle, it will only throw gasoline on what should be a doused fire - and that can either increase the margin of victory... or hurt us. I'd prefer to see a solid victory with no revenge.

I can, however, see Coach Sutton feeling some opportunity for revenge. He was clearly outcoached by Kampe last March, and he needs to atone for that. I hope he has done his homework, and devised a gameplan to shut down Calvin Wooten, as I believe he's the only one that can hurt us tonight.

Some interesting facts from the NCAA website - through games of Jan. 16, Caleb is #15 nationally at 21.7 ppg; Wooten is #22 at 20.9. Caleb is #41 at 9.1 rebs per game. Wooten is #4 in the nation with 3.8 three-point FGs per game, and 45th in 3PFG% at 41.8%. He is also 50th in steals with 2.3 per game.

I'm still confident the Eagles will win tonight, but this is the kind of matchup problem that causes me great concern - as Wooten appears to be the prototypical scoring machine that tends to "light it up" against ORU. I hope Sutton has done his homework! Any ideas on how we'll defend him - Larry? Yemi? The kitchen sink?

He will do what he always does. Either a Match up zone or a Box in one with 4 standing around and one chasing his man to the basket! :lol: Just kidding insiders!

I am afraid if they don't go out with the intesity of a revenge game we might lose. We have a problem with motovation from time to time.

Isbig....I nominate you for being the MOST NEGATIVE person on our message board.

I couldn't classify your posts as motivational, I have a feeling if you were the coach we would be 0-20. So I'll gladly stay with Sutton & Company.

(In case you haven't read it, I Corinthians 13 tells you how to know if you love someone. So I guess you just don't love our team.)